Official DCP G7 Proposal Discussion Thread

My main concern is in getting the health of the activity to a level where such drastic measures do not need to be discussed or taken every few years. Obvisouly, we have done something wrong (we, meaning the corps, the directors, the policies initiated, DCI in general), and we now seem to be at a cross-roads.

The sky is falling!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sky is falling!

actually that which you have quoted is sensible...things they have done have failed to work like they thought it would.

the problem is, they dont see that what they changed didnt need to be changed as much

Fair points, all.

However... as the image above indicates, one of (if not THE) most important tenets of being involved in the Go-G7-4 is the wholly unnatural propensity to survive solely off of Kool-Aid.

It is in this area that the four of us will continue to dominate.

If you want to break off and form your own Pink Zaa Zaa 7, that's fine. We'll see you at finals.

:tongue:

But I get no money if he breaks off, and if you decide to join him, you better resign first from the board and be prepared not to be able to post on Fridays and Saturdays !!!!

G

In light of the recent call to come pick my kid up from Boiling Spring, NC , I am now submitting this properly colored Kool Aid!

gog7-koolaid-purple.jpg

I would much rather it be a maroon colored liquid in a gold pitcher.....oh wait, Blue will work just fine too

G

No, corpsband stays "in", PLan-9 goes out...

G

One must be "in" before one can be "out"!

?

The G7 is not even close to being the right answer, despite a few good ideas in the document.

The G-7 is the problem... not the solution.

Speaking candidly here, some of the same people pushing this activity in a direction that THEY want to go, are the very same people that developed and implemented proposals in the past that has put the activity in the precarious position that it finds itself in today.

Why would any novice want to follow a climbing Guide on a mountain climb whose journey up the mountain has been considered by unbiased outsiders as unconventional at best, and unsafe at worst.... and whose previous climbs went in strange and circuitous route that resulted the the untimely deaths of previous novice climbers ?

If it was me.... I'd find another Guide to guide me up that mountain, no matter how charismatic he was in TELLING me how best to climb the mountain.

Edited by BRASSO