Official DCP G7 Proposal Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a

There was no discussion of the proposal before the vote for the further developlment and another presentation?

That's where I'd imagine thing got hot....

Anyway sounds like you have a pipeline to a board member !

mwatches what I heard. and I dont blame them for being hot...they were railroaded into voting yay or nay for a proposal with a lot of holes in it

If that's the case, then Dan A and DCI can easily demonstrate it to the current board members and the other directors. Some simple financial reports comparing 2009 to earlier years should convince everyone. And I agree with you that if there is no financial crisis, then the justification for the proposed massive changes looks pretty weak.

OTOH, "solid year" can mean a lot of things, including "I'm not dead yet". Every arts non-profit I know of struggled in 2009 because no one is immune from a big recession. DCI reported a pretty substantial (~20%) revenue drop from 2007 to 2008. I would bet that there was another drop in 2009. We'll find out for sure this fall. I would guess that DCI is solvent, but with significantly lower revenues and liquid assets than they enjoyed at the 2007 peak.

I don't have the exact figures that are going to appear on the 2009 990. I'm not sure anyone would at this point. (How long does it take for Guidestar to post the 990 reports?)

That being said, my sources tell me that revenue was up slightly from 2008 to 2009. That sounds "solid" to me. Despite the crappy economy.

Doesn't sound like the Fiscal Danger / Emergency / Crisis that is portrayed in Assertion #1.

My point is that many are viewing the proposal as some sort of manifesto instead of a starting point for discussion.

What kind of "discussion" would you expect to take place with that as a "starting point"? I guess when the mugger says, "Gimme your wallet!", that's just the starting point for discussion.

If George was no longer in dci, would this proposal have been made a couple weeks ago?

I'm not sure...maybe. But he has publicly pushing for a version of this for 13 years

I don't have the exact figures that are going to appear on the 2009 990. I'm not sure anyone would at this point. (How long does it take for Guidestar to post the 990 reports?)

That being said, my sources tell me that revenue was up slightly from 2008 to 2009. That sounds "solid" to me. Despite the crappy economy.

Doesn't sound like the Fiscal Danger / Emergency / Crisis that is portrayed in Assertion #1.

I love that everyone on DCP has a "source"

Whatever you do, don't burn your BD T-Shirts...Us greedy, elitest G7 Sons-a-#####es need to stick together! Perhaps even back to back....armed! By the way, I don't know about you, but being around these boards the last few days after the G7 took "it" out, makes me feel like I'm in the last scene of "Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid".

the%20good%20the%20bad%20the%20g7.jpg

Saying "it is only a proposal" doesn't carry a lot of weight because they then immediately took action on one of the key components of the proposal - they began the process of a "change in direction" (Assertion 6A page 15) by voting to not renew the contract of the Executive Director.

To be accurate, the G7 did not vote. They do not have the authority - yet. The Board of Directors consisting of 9 members - 4 of whom represent G7 corps - voted to not renew the contract. (All they needed was one additional vote of the remaining 5 to accomplish their goal.)

Don't tell me "nothing happened". Playing with a man's career is not nothing.

(joining BOBSMYTH fan club)