Ok, it is a 3 hour drive for me.. is the June 21st Allentown show wirt

Personally, I won't be in Allentown, PA on June 18th. I like to see more than just 3 corps in a show, even if the corps are G7 corps. I like the idea of seeing the G7 corps twice in the same show, but they should have an additional 4 corps as fillers.

This is my idea for a great Eastern show in June:

Crown goes on 1st

Surf goes on 2nd

Cadets go on 3rd

Teal Sound goes on 4th

Spirit goes on 5th

Crown goes on 6th (2nd time)

Boston goes on 7th

Cadets go on 8th (2nd time)

Of course, this would not be a competition, since the show's two G7 corps would perform twice, but it would be a great show!

If the show had a few other corps in it as "fillers" I would probably attend it. Syracuse, NY to Allentown, PA is a long ride via Greyhound/Trailways!

This could work:

Cavies 1

Crown1

Cadets1

Surf

Boston

Cavies 2

Crown 2

Cadets 2

I don't think that Surf or Boston have shows scheduled for that day. maybe they can be added to the show? Sweeeet!

So the transportation situation was something that I had questions about as well. What is it like taking public transport to Allentown? Is the bus station close (or within reasonable distance) of the stadium? Will there even be any buses that run late enough so that someone could get home after the show lets out?

I'm coming from NYC and would love to go to this but am thinking that this won't work unless I rent a car.

I won't be going, this is my summer of Boycott in response to the G7.

I will not be attending any YEA! shows this year, I usually do 3 of them. I sold my DCI East Tickets and I am thinking about selling my DCI Premium Finals Tickets too.

Edited by CT-Horn

I won't be going, this is my summer of Boycott in response to the G7.

I will not be attending any YEA! shows this year, I usually do 3 of them. I sold my DCI East Tickets and I am thinking about selling my DCI Premium Finals Tickets too.

Thank you. One less person I will have to listen to complain.

Personally, I won't be in Allentown, PA on June 18th. I like to see more than just 3 corps in a show, even if the corps are G7 corps. I like the idea of seeing the G7 corps twice in the same show, but they should have an additional 4 corps as fillers.

This is my idea for a great Eastern show in June:

Crown goes on 1st

Surf goes on 2nd

Cadets go on 3rd

Teal Sound goes on 4th

Spirit goes on 5th

Crown goes on 6th (2nd time)

Boston goes on 7th

Cadets go on 8th (2nd time)

Of course, this would not be a competition, since the show's two G7 corps would perform twice, but it would be a great show!

If the show had a few other corps in it as "fillers" I would probably attend it. Syracuse, NY to Allentown, PA is a long ride via Greyhound/Trailways!

This could work:

Cavies 1

Crown1

Cadets1

Surf

Boston

Cavies 2

Crown 2

Cadets 2

I don't think that Surf or Boston have shows scheduled for that day. maybe they can be added to the show? Sweeeet!

The thing here... who would agree to be the "Filler" corps?

All shows are worth going to.

Early Season

Mid Season

Late Season

Tell the 17 year old kid who has been bustin' his butt all year just to make a spot

and his first show is in Allentown, tell him his first show isn't worth goin' to.

Tell all the Moms and Dads who have been working hard to support their kids

in every way from dollars, to working the food truck, to sewing uniforms, to takin out the garbage.

Tell them that early season show isn't worth goin' to . . .

Tell the volunteers of each Drum Corps Show who plan year round for their event,

that any show is not worth goin' to just because it isn't finals.

You tell any of these people that and they will call you crazy at first.

Then they will smile and proceed to talk you into going.

You'll listen and then you'll remember what got you fired up about this activity . . .

Then you'll go, because you love this activity.

So . . .If you live within 2-3 hours of a Drum Corps Event . . .

Two words, wait for it, here it comes . . .

BE THERE !

Hello Naysayers . . .Refresh my memory here . . .

You are on this forum because you love the Marching Music Activity . . .

Right?

Then GO!

Enjoy

Rock on . . .

Ok . . . What's next?

Oh yeah . . .

Bring a Friend . . .

Edited by adsigns

early season shows are not good quality products. there is no way around it.

if you want to see how the show evolves, then it can be interesting for you. The might even be entertaining. But they won't be quality.

Also when a group of corps #### off lots of fans, and then have a show where there are only those corps, some people will not be interested.