Ok, it is a 3 hour drive for me.. is the June 21st Allentown show wirt

EDIT: my title is all screwy, not sure what happened there, but I know the show is actually the 18th... anyway here is my question.

I am just wondering if I should bother trying to re-arrange my work schedule for this show? I live about 3 hours away, and the drive doesn't bother me but if I drive out there, I better see one helluva show! To anyone who has attended a super early season show, would this be worth it in your opinion? I attended an early season show in Phoenix last year, and thought that it was worth it, but that was only a 2 hour drive.

Edited by ssnapier

Hey, the Allentown show is June 18th.

Is it worth it? Depends how much you like drum corps. Early shows tend to be a let down for those expecting August quality shows, often corps just don't have the stamina to perform the show or the show isn't even finished. Some people like to watch a season in progress, so if you want to see the "first offering" of a corps and follow the tweaks, changes and momentum a show can take there is nothing like seeing an early season offering.

The three corps at the show tend to be high achievers, so I suspect you will get to see three complete shows that will closely resemble excellent June drumcorps. Heck, each corps is performing twice to fill the time and there are supposed to be some extras, might be neat.

Then there is the support/not support the G7 thing....but that is covered in a whole other forum.

Edited by jonnyboy

well my mind was made up for me... by my wife...

I won't be going

I'd wait until August.

I think it's well worth it. You get to see 3 of the top 4 corps in the world,.. TWICE!

Plus

You get an explanation of each show in detail by the people who created it!

And

With that knowledge you can educate anyone who has questions about any of the above mentioned corps.

Do it!

Oh and they are three very good shows!

With that knowledge you can educate anyone who has questions about any of the above mentioned corps.

Hopefully they do like last year and have the designers do this for the fan network. That was pretty solid. Some of the explanations really opened up those shows..

Of course some merely reaffirmed my initial opinion as to the level of 'chemical influence' said designers were under when designing their show. (no names to protect the guilty)

Edited by AlexL

I think it's well worth it. You get to see 3 of the top 4 corps in the world,.. TWICE!

Plus

And

Do it!

Oh and they are four very good shows!

Fixed. Just wait for it.