Blue Stars and other corps...

For non Facebook users, this is the link (I know there are a couple out there):

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150189562415103

Man I'm glad I didn't post my recordings, this professional recording does a much better job compared to my $180 Canon Powershot hahaha

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For non Facebook users, this is the link (I know there are a couple out there):

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150189562415103

Man I'm glad I didn't post my recordings, this professional recording does a much better job compared to my $180 Canon Powershot hahaha

Haha, i think i'd take any video at this point.

I read that the Blue Stars will be having a Grand Premier here in town tomorrow, at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Starts at 6:00. I've made plans to attend, it'll be my first taste of the 2010 drum corps.

The website doesn't offer too many details, though, besides when and where. Can any insiders provide more of a schedule?

I read that the Blue Stars will be having a Grand Premier here in town tomorrow, at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Starts at 6:00. I've made plans to attend, it'll be my first taste of the 2010 drum corps.

The website doesn't offer too many details, though, besides when and where. Can any insiders provide more of a schedule?

Reception at 6 pm, which will include cake and punch, along with a silent auction and 2010 souvies. I suspect warmups will be accessible, but can't guarantee it. At 7, the corps will do a standstill performance of the show, which will include design insights from brass caption head/brass arranger Frank Sullivan. If this is like the previous premier, Frank will talk through the show one movement at a time, then the corps will play the entire show through. I don't like hyping, but this show is unlike any I've seen the Blue Stars do yet... it'll be worth a couple of hours to check it out.

Matt... come introduce yourself... I'll be the portly (ahem) fellow with glasses and a green bucket cap.

Tim

Would it make sense for someone like me who's just a fan to come at 6:00 or 7:00? I'm not a part of the Blue Stars family, and while I like meeting new fans I don't want to be stuck feeling like an outsider until the show starts :shutup: The girlfriend agreed to come along too, and since she's not as dedicated a fan as I am I want to make sure she has a good time. From what you've described, it sounds as though maybe it'd be best to show up around 6:30 or so, have just enough time for cake and punch and a little shopping before the show begins.

Would it make sense for someone like me who's just a fan to come at 6:00 or 7:00? I'm not a part of the Blue Stars family, and while I like meeting new fans I don't want to be stuck feeling like an outsider until the show starts :shutup: The girlfriend agreed to come along too, and since she's not as dedicated a fan as I am I want to make sure she has a good time. From what you've described, it sounds as though maybe it'd be best to show up around 6:30 or so, have just enough time for cake and punch and a little shopping before the show begins.

Come for the punch and cookies. Listen to the corps warm-up. If I was near Indianapolis, I would show up at four.

Edited by mcjordansc