Boston Crusaders 2010

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta be honest. This sounds like a big step back.

But I agree with what some have said. BAC is still trying to find the identity that works for them.

Thanks for your honesty. Looks like you might be in the minority here. It certainly doesn't "sound" like a step back in person, does it craiga?

But I agree with what some have said. BAC is still trying to find the identity that works for them.

I never know what a Corps... any Corps...." identity " is.

Pioneer is one of the few Corps ( imo ) that has " an identity ".

BD used to have an identity of " jazz playing".... but I have no idea what their " identity" is now. Which is fine.( Maybe their identity is " just win, baby"... as they sure know how to do that )

The Cadets " identity " changes from traditional shows, to Broadway, to avarte garde... so what is their " identity " ? ( except for a right foot step off, perhaps )

Phantom Regiment has somewhat of a " classical musical composition ", identity, but they change this " identity " up from year to year sometimes as well, by going the non classical musical composition route.

Crown had a whimsical theme last year, but their themes in previous years were not whimsical.

And most Corps are changing uniforms and Guard costumes, instrumentation, etc left and right evey year now too.

So it seems to me we can pick out just about all the Corps , including Boston, and none of them have " an identity " that keeps them recognizable from year to year ( which isn't neccessarily a bad thing, imo. )

Edited by BRASSO

Not sure what the "step back" refers to. As for identity, however, Boston's image has been bold, aggressive, and in your face for 70 years. Some shows and some years have been more effective than others, of course, but the identity hasn't wavered. Dating back to the 60's (at least) up to the present, the look, the feel, and the raw emotion from the corps has been a prime objective to the members. Whether it was the 25 man horn line in 1979, Red in 2000, or the Core of Temptation in 2009, like it or not, the corps certainly has an identity.

I go out of my way to not hype the corps in the preseason, so I'll leave it at this. Having actually been to some rehearsals in the past week, I can assure my fellow alums and fans that 2010 is definitely NOT a step back......

Not sure what the "step back" refers to. As for identity, however, Boston's image has been bold, aggressive, and in your face for 70 years. Some shows and some years have been more effective than others, of course, but the identity hasn't wavered. Dating back to the 60's (at least) up to the present, the look, the feel, and the raw emotion from the corps has been a prime objective to the members. Whether it was the 25 man horn line in 1979, Red in 2000, or the Core of Temptation in 2009, like it or not, the corps certainly has an identity.

I go out of my way to not hype the corps in the preseason, so I'll leave it at this. Having actually been to some rehearsals in the past week, I can assure my fellow alums and fans that 2010 is definitely NOT a step back......

As a BAC fan for life, this statement makes me more excited THAN EVER to see them this summer. :tongue: :tongue:

Edit: Found this on the BAC Twitter account, it was from a while back, but does contain a tiny little bit of show music at the end, I think!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player...tid=83054636001

Edited by ohHAIitsNovak

I always wait to judge for sure until after I hear it.

Last year's show concept sounded like it wasn't a show that would move them forward, but it did. The same thing is happening to me this year, so I'll just wait and see. All any of us can do, really.

I love DCP !! Don't worry man, it's just fine to hype a little. I especially enjoy the "no hype" hype. Well done :) Its a classic. In fact it might even be....Trololo-epic.jpg

I hope Boston comes out blazing. Kick some g7 butt right out the gate. Cavies and PR are on the downswing from what I hear. Could be real interesting to see BOSTON back in the top 5 and Cavies and PR being bottom feeders. GO BOSTON.

Wow, sounds like a winner to me. I can't wait to see it with some sweet drill moves!

After last year, I am really excited about seeing BAC this year, and the music looks great to me, especially the inclusion of Shostakovich 10!