Top Story Lines for the Upcoming 2010 season

geez there .... a little paranoid are we...?

wishful thinking or not.......... im just stating in mho that MANY feel how I wrote...

and theres power in numbers !

have a nice day.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order:

1. Blue Knights will be a surprising fan favorite.

2. Crown wins, but not by much.

3. Because SCV has received almost no attention during the pre-season, they'll surprise everyone with an out there, yet accessible show. Instant favorite.

4. The mirror thing that BD is doing this year will actually be very innovative. Imagine a hornline suddenly doubling in size...

5. Everybody is happy to see Spirit back in Atlanta, and fans will go absolutely nuts at the Atlanta regional.

6. Boston's colorguard wears a uniform that reveals nothing. Cue rioting in the streets.

I don't think the OP meant to disguise the title of this thread into another "G7" hate thread.

And I personally think that all this "crowd resentment toward G7 corps" is wishful thinking.

Thanks! :tongue: Sanity is redeemed.

I don't think the OP meant to disguise the title of this thread into another "G7" hate thread.

And I personally think that all this "crowd resentment toward G7 corps" is wishful thinking.

Right on, Sir Cadet. DCP is a small % of the fans, and the fans want awesome shows, whether they place 1st or 12th.

Who says that the 8th place corps wont be a g7 corps? :tongue:

Or possibly "lower than 8th place"?

Love or hate the proposal, the whole G7 thing IS going to be a big storyline-at least until the July meetings, and then it may or may not be, depending on what is done with or to it. Therefore, anytime one of those 7 gets beat by a "non 7", THAT will be a big storyline. I also feel that at least a couple of the "G7" will pull their support for the idea after seeing the backlash from the whole concept. I realize that DCP is a small number compared to the big picture, but this "small number" represents the core of the activity-alumni (who may not continue supporting a corps if they disagree with the G7 concept), current marching members, longtime fans, instructors. That will be a storyline.

Something that no one else has mentioned-the "open roof experiment" for quarters will be a big story-whether it succeeds or not. We haven't heard anything in quite some time about any other "improvements" that were supposedly being looked at after last year, and there has been nothing from Bob Jacobs in a very long time-personally, I think he's probably been in "corps director mode" and not "DCI spin doctor mode". In any case, whether the sound improves, and by how much if any, will be a storyline-as will a resurrection of calls for DCI to abandon the LOS deal.

Last top storyline, assuming that the G7 concept does not go forward-of the current G7 directors, decisions will be made after the season by some of those corps' Boards of Directors-and I would not be surprised if some of them, including George, were not invited back as corps directors for the 2011 season. This controversy has already impacted and will continue to impact the corps' "image"-with fans, potential members, sponsors and the community in general. Souvie sales will almost certainly take a hit, even if the "small" number of DCP members stand by their decisions not to purchase from the G7. If the corps' BOD's are doing their job, the corps directors will be held accountable for the consequences. Some of those men are certainly legends in the activity, but where do you draw the line? Look at what has happened to some of the "legends" of baseball-Rose, Canseco, McGwire, Clemens for example.

Top storylines I see:

Vanguard: Will they sustain the momentum they built last year?

Cavies: How will the management shakeup affect them?

Blue Stars: I think they're primed to have a BIG year this year.

Troopers: Can they stay in finals?

BK/Glassmen: Can they catch the top 9, or do they get passed up by other groups?

Madison/Colts/Academy: Do any of these get in?

Crossmen/Spirit: What can they do to get back to being competitive with the big boys again?

Jersey/PC/Mandarins: Who gets the last spot in semis this year?

Pioneer: How will a "non-traditional" show work for them this season?

Teal: What will they do their first season, and how will they cope with that monster of a tour schedule they have?

Story Lines:

1. BDs uniforms ( Guard and Corps)

2. How traditional Cadets are

3. Crown winning during season ans slwly dropping to maybe 4th

4. G7 ..Yeah Yeah..only with some

5. Will Glassmen make finals

6. Teal feels the rigors of WC

7. SCV.. a quiet power house

8. the Youth of the activity will decide what happens next in this activity not us the Dinos, or parents or even directors. Youth will buy souvis, join corps, find money to spend even when they dont have it.

The youth uprising makes changes. Always has , Always will.

It has been hypothesized that the Blue Devils will have a bunch of mirrors in their show. Their show title is: Through a Glass, Darkly.

this story broke a month ago