Going back in time to ask a question

So i'm just curious! In SCV's show, 1987, how did that girl end up in the box? I'm really really REALLY curious as to how they did that. She looks a little too young to be Houdini dressed up like a girl. Anyone know?

It's a drop table. Meaning there is a void inside the table. If you watch the video, you can see her prior to her "appearance".

Same table used for the Phantom disapperance in 89.

Bill, don't ruin the secrets. It's all supposed to be SCV and Gail's magic. That's the answer I tell everyone, and that's what needs to keep going. The members can know how it was done, since the chair from '89 is in the corps hall, but you can't be giving away our secrets, or the men in the black suits will be showing up at your house. :tongue:

Of course you know that I mean all of this in jest Bill, but yes. That was how it was done.

You could see her hiding on the camera shot, but from the stands? Nope...and Bill forgot something else....the reason the crowd went nuts a 2nd time was ANOTHER girl appeared on the 2nd reveal. Couldn't see that on the tape, since the camera focus was down the side and the players hid it, but Jeff Pearson told me about it...since the 2nd girl is now his wife.

Jeff Pearson told me about it...since the 2nd girl is now his wife.

Man, gotta get me one of those tables!

Was the levitation trick also done in 87, or am I thinking of 86?

Either way, it was awesome!

Was the levitation trick also done in 87, or am I thinking of 86?

Either way, it was awesome!

86....same place in the show. In the spirit of reveals...I think THAT one was probably done by virtue of the broom supporting the girl being steel, with a steel platform under her side.....the broom by her feet was just a prop (watch the vid and you note that broom being laid against sumething...the platform holding the girl up)

It was done with VELCRO...

Edited by BigDale