BK and Scouts?

I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer the idea of a show theme. I know it might seem silly just to put a title on a show, but I feel the concept mixes in with the GE.

I agree. For me, Drum Corp shows really become more alive when there is a true theme, or even a story, for a show. You can connect to what is going on with the music and the visual forms. My marching band did a show based around the film and graphic novel "V for Vendetta" and it was by FAR the best show we ever did. We got 4th that year, but mutiple amounts of people who were in the Top 3 said we should have won it.

I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer the idea of a show theme. I know it might seem silly just to put a title on a show, but I feel the concept mixes in with the GE.
I agree. For me, Drum Corp shows really become more alive when there is a true theme, or even a story, for a show. You can connect to what is going on with the music and the visual forms. My marching band did a show based around the film and graphic novel "V for Vendetta" and it was by FAR the best show we ever did. We got 4th that year, but mutiple amounts of people who were in the Top 3 said we should have won it.

Both themed shows and theme-less shows have the possibility of "not working" and "working".

However I think it's far more likely for a themed show to "not work" as opposed to a theme-less show; but that's just me.

ok...... for Madison...... Knowing the music they're playing.... it should be announced as "this years show is entitled..... "Madison....Big, Bold, and Brassy !"

works for me.. cant wait to see the corps !!!!! already love the music......

:shutup:

Why do some of you insist on having a show title? I've said this time and time and time again... A SHOW TITLE/THEME DOESN'T WIN THE CROWD OVER!

I will take a corps that comes out and wows me with great visuals and music over a fancy show title any day of the week. You don't need it, folks. You just don't.

Edited by skajerk

Why do some of you insist on having a show title? I've said this time and time and time again... A SHOW TITLE/THEME DOESN'T WIN THE CROWD OVER!

I will take a corps that comes out and wows me with great visuals and music over a fancy show title any day of the week. You don't need it, folks. You just don't.

I agree, knowing the music is really all you should need.

However I think it's far more likely for a themed show to "not work" as opposed to a theme-less show; but that's just me.

What's your reasoning behind this? (Not disagreeing, I just enjoy hearing others opinions on things is all)

Oh, and also, Madison is playing Rhapsody in Blue. There is really no need for a title when you have that piece of music in your repertoire.

Edited by ohHAIitsNovak

I have a secret and I'm not going to tell you .... Madison does have a theme ... wanta find out about it? See you on 22 June in Louisville. Come on did you think the guys who put together BLAST would just do a park and play for their entire show ... seroiusly.

THIS IS A FACT MY BROTHER Here let me get that for ya!!!! enjoy :thumbup:

Sometimes a title can be a liability. "Power, Pizazz, and all that Jazz"? Seriously? "Hot Jazz Madison Style" Really? Im an alum and I've felt a few of the show titles were cringeworthy. My favorite title is usually something like Santa Clara 1973 or Blue Devils 1985.

A title apart from informing could possibly clue the audience in as to what the corps is trying but failing to do.

Scouts and BK may or may not eventually announce a show title or theme. It will make absolutely no difference to how I view or enjoy their performances.

Edited by Scerpella

They could do what the Cavaliers did in the Early 2000s....just pick a show title for the heck of it and play the music. :thumbup:

(Frameworks? 4 Corners? Spin Cycle?)

They could do what the Cavaliers did in the Early 2000s....just pick a show title for the heck of it and play the music. :thumbup:

(Frameworks? 4 Corners? Spin Cycle?)

?????? These were some of the most defined and integrated show themes (titles) ever in drum corps.