New Unis

:satisfied:

What?

What What?

I like white pants. I remember in the 80's when that was the rage. SCV, Cadets, Madison, Suncoast Sound all wore white pants. It looks much sharper. Now all we get is Cadets (thank you!) and the all-white PR (which sometimes gets overwhelming in the lights).

I wish directors would grow a set and go for what looks good instead of copping out on hiding feet. Clean up the darn feet then you don't have to hide them.

/rant.

What What?

I like white pants. I remember in the 80's when that was the rage. SCV, Cadets, Madison, Suncoast Sound all wore white pants. It looks much sharper. Now all we get is Cadets (thank you!) and the all-white PR (which sometimes gets overwhelming in the lights).

I wish directors would grow a set and go for what looks good instead of copping out on hiding feet. Clean up the darn feet then you don't have to hide them.

/rant.

how appropriate it will be this year...

What What?

/rant.

Exactly. If a corps can go out and still do well visually wearing white pants/shoes, all the more power to them. Let's see if the Scouts can do well with the spats.

The timpani match the new uni quite nicely.

It's about time.

Ah - "Suits" ... A little industry slang... Plus, I take issue with the term "uniform"... see earlier post...

Not trying to be so narcissistic as to only discuss my/Stanbury work - There's been a ton of half-truth flying around this spring concerning new suits - Heard a lot about the "design process" concerning Cavies; heard whispers of new stuff for Spirit; had some insight for Troopers... But, other than the stuff I've seen or had a direct hand in, I can't say much with authority or offer anything substantial... Crown was the topic de jour, so I chimed in...

-TGB

Thank you for the insiders scoop, so to say. Very enlightening. IMHO, anything that instill confidence in the performer fits the bill.

There is a duality there though, as some uniformed, such as crushed velvet may endow the wearer with the superhuman ability to march at 240 bpm for hours on end and confer upon the wearer crisper tone, cleaner articulations and better flexibility, that same uniform can just as easily make a audience member decide this is the moment to get a hotdog. First impressions are huge in this art form, though many of the initiated forget this, on any given show night hundred of people are seeing this corps for the first and perhaps last time. What kind of impression does the corps want them to have ingrained in peoples minds?