New Unis

I can't wait to get everyone's reaction to Spirit's new uniform. Totally new look that I think most will like, especially following their previous uniform which I didn't think represented Spirit well. I always thought it was more Pacific Crest or Jersey Surf.

Do you know if they'll be doing any public performances in uniform before FirstBEAT?

could sonmeone repost the Bluecoats pic, it's not coming up for me

If drum corps students and members are not soldiers, and our activity has no formal ties to any branch of the armed forces, then why should anyone insist on a militant image?

Again, I think most horn/drumline people have no issue with the guard doing the "pagaentry" and more trendy fashion statements, as those ideas have already been conceded as a part of drum corps. However, the corps proper is the corps proper. I don't go to a DCI show to watch a hornline and drumline dressed as some WGI outfit...and I believe most hornline and drumline people would concur. However, so much of this activity is driven by visual designers on the staff of each corps, most of which never had any hornline or drumline experience (sigh).

There's an idea!

Why don't we let the hornline or drumline people design costuming and equipment for the color guard. I think the results would be equally as tragic.

(and yes Brent, I know what instrument you marched)

Do you know if they'll be doing any public performances in uniform before FirstBEAT?

I haven't heard of any.

Bluecoats have an update it seems:

bluecoatsuni.jpg

...eh. I think I prefer the 07-09 one. This seems like change for the sake of change. Especially when not much was changed at all. And something about it is "off" for me. Shoulda just stuck with the one they had, imo.

I agree with you. Although I think they'll look good eventually, this uniform change just doesn't seem necessary.