New Unis

Terrible. Just terrible.

I'm not sure what's terrible here? Is it how I should view the uniform? Is it how you view the uniform? Was there something in my post you took offense to? I politely ask that you do not add to my confusion. I can do that just fine on my own thank you :smile: .

Hate the bodysuit look. It looks like a frigging track meet. Not everyone in the world is (or should be) tall and thin. Why is that the ideal in marching? I'm average height and fat, but I can hold a horn or a drum with perfect carriage. Do the judges actually WANT us to think of them as some sort of hive-mind borg programmed for Huxleyesque dystopic levels of conformity? Once upon a time, "It doesn't matter what you look like" was a rallying cry for DCI.

once upon a time most of america wasnt fat - and yes, everyone should strive to be 'thin'

Hate the bodysuit look. It looks like a frigging track meet. Not everyone in the world is (or should be) tall and thin. Why is that the ideal in marching? I'm average height and fat, but I can hold a horn or a drum with perfect carriage. Do the judges actually WANT us to think of them as some sort of hive-mind borg programmed for Huxleyesque dystopic levels of conformity? Once upon a time, "It doesn't matter what you look like" was a rallying cry for DCI.

See my earlier post - I think it's the natural evolution to the increased "dance" responsibilities given to horn / drum members. In days gone by, when drill was the 100% visual responsibility, accented (or wider) upper bodies was fine - let's face it, most uniforms had wings and / or longer jackets, because from a distance these filled out drill forms. As we've gotten into jazz running, contortions, step outs/ins, etc, though, it's become more important for the observer to see the line of the body. (Note - I'm totally making this up as I go - I'm not a design expert by any means - it's just how I see it.) So even on larger performers, these unis are going to create more of an illusion of tall and thin.

Mike

once upon a time most of america wasnt fat - and yes, everyone should strive to be 'thin'

Dream on. Strive to be thin, my fat ###.

Like when DCI was started we were an Eden of physical perfection. Pull the other one.

Count me as one of the ones who like the new Spirit uniform. It is a departure from what has come before. I do like the blue accents SF2K4 added in photoshop. I can understand that some think it is "taking them away from their identity". However, the identity of Spirit was always more than just a uniform. For me, and I think a lot of other people, the "spirit" was in the way they played. As long as they go out on the field and play like there is no tomorrow they will be Spirit. Besides, the most important thing is that even though they don't say it the corps is back to being the Spirit of Atlanta.

BTW, Lance, blue is the medical department.

BTW, Lance, blue is the medical department.

Science, too, right? Spock was always in blue.

Fixed the Spirit uniform.

spirit.jpg

Science, too, right? Spock was always in blue.

I'm going off of the color codes from ST:TNG.

This Just In INT will unviel there new uniform tonight here's a sneak peek

int10.jpg