Allentown Arena

I think I am more excited to finally see new scores on dci.org! HA I am hopeless!

Basically. I'm tired of looking at the same scores from last year.

if ya wanna use a chat instead of a forum... AIM chat room: drumcorps

I wish, but I don't have AIM anymore.

Is that you Maureen? I have to get up to speed on who is who on here again! I spent the day with the corps yesterday, got major sunburn, but the uniforms are done...till they start losing weight. I'm traveling with them from Chicago to Denver and then again from Allentown to Indianapolis....alterations never end with the Cadets!

Yep, it's me. Sounds great. Maybe next year I can join in for a bit.

Same with the Cavaliers! Always good to meet other sewing crew on here! :)

yes it is! I am always curious about how other corps does their alterations. Do people tour with them, does the corps have machines, aren't you curious too? I would love to meet the other "seamstresses for the corps" at finals...I think it would be fun to compare notes!!

Apparently they just started the second round. My Cadet-alum friend says Crown is going to take it all this year. I know it's early to say that... but apparently they're doing good things.

Man, I haven't been on here in forever. Such a bad idea to start, you all are addictive!

"yes it is! I am always curious about how other corps does their alterations. Do people tour with them, does the corps have machines, aren't you curious too? I would love to meet the other "seamstresses for the corps" at finals...I think it would be fun to compare notes!! "

Some years Crown has a person who will do the whole tour--this year we have a young lady who is majoring in Drama and wants to be a costume designer. She is doing the whole tour for the experience.

This year we had fewer volunteer seamstresses during spring training than in years past, but we got it done. When I saw that picture tonight, I thought "just look at all those pants legs and sleeves that we hemmed!"

yes it is! I am always curious about how other corps does their alterations. Do people tour with them, does the corps have machines, aren't you curious too? I would love to meet the other "seamstresses for the corps" at finals...I think it would be fun to compare notes!!

it is really fun to compare notes.. we had a little taste of that when we did Tour of Champions a few years ago.. having all the cook trucks circled up like covered wagons and all the kids eating a la carte from whichever truck they wanted..

For us, we do have at least one person on the sewing crew with the corps throughout the summer.. we have a regular staff and a list of parent volunteers we draw from in different cities.. we check for alteration needs pretty much after every show. The corps does have a bank of machines.. but like anything, it's not like they're new (though we did get a delicious new Viking this year and OH MY GOD is it AWESOME).. the rest of them are what I like to call "quirky" -- some can't sew elastic.. some do better on silks.. and of course we are always fixing somebody's shorts or sewing patches on jackets.. it's never dull!

We should have a Seamstress Summit!

Apparently they just started the second round. My Cadet-alum friend says Crown is going to take it all this year. I know it's early to say that... but apparently they're doing good things.

Man, I haven't been on here in forever. Such a bad idea to start, you all are addictive!

Its good to hear nice things about Crown. I was at last spring training weekend and thought it was great but can't wait to see it in uniform. They are definitely driven to take it all this year ! Course I am a little biased since my son plays contra but I still love the shows regardless. I will always be a Crown fan !

"it is really fun to compare notes.. we had a little taste of that when we did Tour of Champions a few years ago.. having all the cook trucks circled up like covered wagons and all the kids eating a la carte from whichever truck they wanted..

For us, we do have at least one person on the sewing crew with the corps throughout the summer.. we have a regular staff and a list of parent volunteers we draw from in different cities.. we check for alteration needs pretty much after every show. The corps does have a bank of machines.. but like anything, it's not like they're new (though we did get a delicious new Viking this year and OH MY GOD is it AWESOME).. the rest of them are what I like to call "quirky" -- some can't sew elastic.. some do better on silks.. and of course we are always fixing somebody's shorts or sewing patches on jackets.. it's never dull!

We should have a Seamstress Summit!"

Crown has a serger that somebody donated a while back, but it doesn't go on tour. There is at least one sewing machine, but it has seen better days. Most volunteers bring their own if they have one.