Allentown Arena

" The crowd was not all that small. Seating in the priority areas was tight. I was stationed up by the pressbox, and as the night wore on, that section began to fill up as well. "

Well that may be.

BUT.

I saw the photo in an early part of this. It was Explained that the small group of people in the stands, that showed in the background was. "One Hour" before the show started.

Well, I have been going to Drum Corps shows (Contests) since 1961. I have been to and in thousands of of them From little dinky local shows to big shows from N J, NY, CT, MA, PA, Ohio, Ill. FL, GA, to Seattle, and California. I have been to and in many, "National and World" Championships, Junior, Senior, All Age, all over the USA also. I have - NEVER - seen the First performing (Competeing) group - Standing - in the ready area, in Uniform, ready to go on, "One Hour", before a show started. That's a pretty Long Time to Stand Around before starting.

SO, What was the Attendance? How many other shows will be run in the same way?

That pictue, I just saw....was NOT from one hour before the show......how ludicrous for someone to state that and someone to believe that.

G

Why? if it happens next year this is how the shows will be.

It's really quite simple. You and I have no idea why certain venues present and past were/are attended. It certainly is a relevent discussion but "if" it takes over every thread dealing with pre & post event discussions (including the others happening this weekend) it will contaminate the focus of each thread. Most (or all) on these event threads are attempting to discuss the event because they are not there and want to be part of it and are seeking the scores and even a little play by play when possible.

It's a natural progression for those itching to "make their point", to take outcomes (real or perceived) and turn them into supporting data to win their argument. Politicians do it as a way of life. I am only suggesting, if there is relevance to your point, turn it into a thread and put in on the G7 forum. See, I said it was simple.

Edited by Plan9

It's really quite simple. You and I have no idea why certain venues present and past were/are attended. It certainly is a relevent discussion but "if" it takes over every thread dealing with pre & post event discussions (including the others happening this weekend) it will contaminate the focus of each thread. Most (or all) on these event threads are attempting to discuss the event because they are not there and want to be part of it and are seeking the scores and even a little play by play when possible.

It's a natural progression for those itching to "make their point", to take outcomes (real or preceived) and turn them into supporting data to win their argument. Politicians do it as a way of life. I am only suggesting, if there is relevance to your point, turn it into a thread and put in on the G7 forum. See, I said it was simple.

.....let it go. You are making it an issue. Yoiu could easily have PM'd him that idea. The seasons here...let whats on the field be rejoiced, leave the politics for another day, another time, another thread......believe me, its in no way "under the rug" ...Many new developments are up and will be discussed...in the right time and place.

G

.....let it go. You are making it an issue. Yoiu could easily have PM'd him that idea. The seasons here...let whats on the field be rejoiced, leave the politics for another day, another time, another thread......believe me, its in no way "under the rug" ...Many new developments are up and will be discussed...in the right time and place.

G

I have found my center......ooommmmmmmmmm! :devil:

I have found my center......ooommmmmmmmmm! :devil:

I think you do make a good point but with the emotions felt in terms of the activity and the state of it, we're gonna see a lot more of this. People are going to analyze to the tee because of the points made that these corps are the main draw and will sell out venue after venue. I like you think it needs to go to another venue to be discussed, but I think knowing the attendance of these early shows is a bit more relevant to see what the overall state of early drum corps is in this summer. I hope attendance numbers go up and more people come out to see fine quality I have a feeling you're gonna see some major fireworks from a great many corps this summer.... :devil:

Wes P

sigh ... sigh ... sigh ...

Gang ... there were about 1750 people there. Last year in Chambersburg was 1400. Our big shows in West Chester and Clifton can do 3000 or so ... Giants Stadium does 4000 -5000.

if we had pulled 2000 I would have been thrilled .. so ... not to bad

Hopkins

Gang ... there were about 1750 people there. Last year in Chambersburg was 1400. Our big shows in West Chester and Clifton can do 3000 or so ... Giants Stadium does 4000 -5000.

Hopkins

Thanks for the facts George. But it's always more fun here on DCP when we can pontificate on the imagined or wished for! :devil:

Have a great season this year!

Edited by Plan9

Hopkins

too* :devil:

..... love you ... :devil: