Crossmen 2010

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was extremely excited when they announced their selections for this year. However, I am not extremely excited about these arrangements. First Circle has been arranged so that you don't even recognize it, and the best part of the piece, the never ending key change if you will, has been excluded. This was my favorite part of their 98 show, and if you listen to the original piece by Metheny, the 98 version was almost note for note. I understand they may have been going for a different twist on the piece, I just don't care for it. However, they are performing it very well this year, and the corps is sounding very good.

the arrangement, IMO lacks GE, and i can't blame the performers for it

I saw Xmen in Denton on Monday, and I thought the show (except the last minute and a half) are very true to the originals. Perhaps the show lacks some impact moments (as defined by traditional drum corps shows), but I think this year's arrangements are pretty solid.

I was extremely excited when they announced their selections for this year. However, I am not extremely excited about these arrangements. First Circle has been arranged so that you don't even recognize it, and the best part of the piece, the never ending key change if you will, has been excluded. This was my favorite part of their 98 show, and if you listen to the original piece by Metheny, the 98 version was almost note for note. I understand they may have been going for a different twist on the piece, I just don't care for it. However, they are performing it very well this year, and the corps is sounding very good.
the arrangement, IMO lacks GE, and i can't blame the performers for it

Meh, I guess I just disagree, but having watched a recent performance video, it just seems like the corps isn't quite maxing out the show yet. The arrangements are solid, they're just not being sold. The only real problem is that the arrangements might be slightly over the hornline's head, but I think it's a pretty entertaining book.

Meh, I guess I just disagree, but having watched a recent performance video, it just seems like the corps isn't quite maxing out the show yet. The arrangements are solid, they're just not being sold. The only real problem is that the arrangements might be slightly over the hornline's head, but I think it's a pretty entertaining book.

I agree, I think their main issues are in performance. They have A LOT they can clean up. The problem is that it hasn't really cleaned up much. Can't blame the performers too much since they were marching with holes for so long... but they gotta stop making changes and CLEAN. Their sound is getting better.. they just seem very hit or miss with things as I watch recent performances..

Yeah, I think the what is the best they have had in YEARS.

I agree, I think their main issues are in performance. They have A LOT they can clean up. The problem is that it hasn't really cleaned up much. Can't blame the performers too much since they were marching with holes for so long... but they gotta stop making changes and CLEAN. Their sound is getting better.. they just seem very hit or miss with things as I watch recent performances..

Yeah, I think the what is the best they have had in YEARS.

Visual ( LEON MAY DRILL ) seems to be cleaning up fast.

Arrangements are good, just need to sell it.

now lets go BRASS LINE >>>>>>>

Should be BETTER indoors.

BONES..\

• 2 weeks later...