Crossmen 2010

Does anyone know the housing site for the Crossmen for the 3 days this weekend (June 25-27) they are in Washington DC for the Arlington, VA show on Saturday? Thanks.

BackBeat

According to their tour calendar they'll be staying at Bowie High School in Bowie, MD. I'll probably be there to check out rehearsal.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sure sounds awesome on the midi...

More MIDI music HERE.

This week's selection: First Circle

Saw the show live the other day for the first time and I must say you did a great job of arranging to pay homage to Crossmen corps of past while still adding a little "Guidry" to it. Thank you and nice job. Best of luck to the corps this year!

I am a Texas band director and I can tell you that when the X-men first started auditioning young people, they cut quite a few of their promising young recruits that were right around 17 years of age. Perhaps it's because they thought they'd always have a steady flow of kinsmen from the Northeast as well as Texas, I don't know, but by doing that it turned students off to how they began to feel feel that people were being treated poorly in the audition camps. Now, I know that has gotten better and I've got some students marching there that tell me so, but, there is still a hesitance for the Texas folks to get gung ho over going there. Right or wrong first impressions mean a lot to parents and kids! As far as corps recruitment--- Fill in the blank here...... I know Phantom, Bluecoats, BD, SCV, Cavies, Madison, Blue Knights, Glassmen etc.... all get numerous kids from here and most of those corps have at least one Texas audition camp. I don't think it's a stretch to say when the X-men get really good the recruitment will improve, but I also thnk they've got to find a way to reach out to the students in the various Texas communities as well and recruit even harder imho. But anyway, I wish the X-men the best of luck and hope they get their holes plugged and also have a very, very successful 2010 season!!

Wes P

Perhaps those first few camps had sooooo many 16/17 year olds . you can only march 150.

Crossmen always have great turnouts . In the 300-400 range.

Its not a turn off, but a incentive to get better. or should be.

A lot of corps have holes this summer as the economic climate has his DCI.

• 2 weeks later...