Carolina Crown MMX

Funny says the crown fmm or fanboys. Heaven forbid someone has a differing opinion. Some people don't feel Crown is God's Gift to Drum Corps.

Youre entitled to your opinion, but i think your true colors are showing here.

Funny says the crown fmm or fanboys. Heaven forbid someone has a differing opinion. Some people don't feel Crown is God's Gift to Drum Corps.

you called their warm-up a "waste of time". you can expect people to disagree with that, even if they aren't crown fans.

This has nothing to do with Crown being God's gift to drum corps and everything to do with people being utterly confused by a drum corps fan that would rather listen to prerecorded synth and vocal sounds than a hornline playing music.

Edited by liebot

I don't care who's hornline it is: if they play the snot out of good great music during the pre-show, I'm gonna like it :)

This has nothing to do with Crown being God's gift to drum corps and everything to do with people being utterly confused by a drum corps fan that would rather listen to prerecorded synth and vocal sounds than a hornline playing music.

Well yea... This is especially true while they're at a DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS show.

I'm not saying I'd rather listen to cavies intro. I'd much rather listen to Crown play Whole notes in the lot. I just meant from a design standpoint having a whole song played before the show which if left out wouldn't change how I felt about the show just leave it out. Until they actual start their show I'm left felling "mehh" that was kinda silly.

I'm not saying I'd rather listen to cavies intro. I'd much rather listen to Crown play Whole notes in the lot. I just meant from a design standpoint having a whole song played before the show which if left out wouldn't change how I felt about the show just leave it out. Until they actual start their show I'm left felling "mehh" that was kinda silly.

Pre-show's are certainly a topic there are many differing opinions about. Fortunately every corps gets to decide for themselves if they want to use one.

Can we agree they just all go back to F Tuning? =)

From a strictly 'greedy for good stuff audience member' kind of view, if a corps is playing during the pre-show it's like a getting an extra minute or two of free show material:) As an additional benefit it makes any annoying people nearby sit down and be quiet :laughing:

But that doesn't affect how we feel about the show, so "meh, that was kind of silly," right?