Carolina Crown MMX

Call me a honk but...

after looking at the recaps I find it pretty encouraging to see Crown winning GE with a 'flat' show against a Bluecoats corps that was just on fire last night.

One thing I noticed about Phantom and Bluecoats last night was that the both had a lot of static battery exposure in front center stage. With the perc. judge currently in the box I think CC's perc scores may change a bit when the field gets out there. Crown's show seems to using the entire field for so much of the show. Just a thought.

Edited by corpsband

I know it is still early, but Crowns ending is just not up to par with the rest of their production .... it looks like they are barely moving around through much of it.

It's probably a 'faux' ending, they will probably change closer to Finals. This is just my best guess. I saw it on the VOD and thought the same thing as you did.

I concur. That is "placeholder" drill if I ever saw it :)

Agreed, I would bet a ton of money (that I don't actually have now) that this will be changed. Most likely they will change it the week of the San Antonio regional where they have a couple days of rehearsal or the days right before Atlanta. My guess is Atlanta though...

I concur. That is "placeholder" drill if I ever saw it :)

I get the same impression. I think some musical tweaks are in store for that ending as well, it's definitely not as impacting as some of the other high points of the show, but it IS a great choice of material. It could still use some more BRING IT, though.

Finally watched the Normal show on FN. Wow!! What a piece of drum corps this show is. Full of brass power, guard power. Didn't pay as much attention to the percussion. It reminded me of a combination of Star 90 (Belshazzar show; for its periodic bombasity), Star 93 (Medea show; for some music that I find a bit unapproachable on first listen), Phantom 96 (Shostokovich show; for its heart), and Cadets 98 (Stonehenge show). I don't find the music itself to be enjoyable on first listen, but I find the PERFORMANCE of it to be out of this world. No frills (well, except for the body movement stuff). Thumbs up, Crown!