Will someone please tell me what G7 is all about?

I have heard a ton of crap about this 'G7 proposal,' and I know that it somehow involves some of the best corps out there and Cadets director George Hopkins. But I don't know what it's about, or why it's making everyone so angry. Would someone please enlighten me?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$$$$$

That doesn't help me.

That doesn't help me.

I'm a little surprised you're asking this. You've obviously been in the G7 thread. Did you read the source material there?

Is this a rhetorical question, or are you serious?

Maybe sarcasm?

If you're serious I'm not surprised at the responses so far.

I'd love to banter the issues with you, but you've got to read the G7 presentation, DCI's 5-year plan, Dan Acheson's initial response, and the survey info.

Then, tell us what YOU think!

The G7 is a DCI proposal by Hopkins (Cadets) and Gibbs (Blue Devils) with backing by Fiedler (SCV) Glasgow (Bluecoats) Valenzuela (Regiment) Smith/Coats (Crown) and to some extent DeGrauwe (Cavaliers). Here are the highlights of what is causing the anger by posters here on DCP:

Hopkins, Gibbs, and the other five of the G7 directors want to:

Create an elite G7 AAA division with just the above mentioned corps;

Relegate all other World Class corps to either AA or A division status under the G7;

Eliminate all support entirely for Open Class corps except for SCV Cadets, Blue Devils B, and Colt Cadets who would be promoted to the A division;

Create an exclusive Cirque type show for the G7 to perform at each weekend;

The AAA, AA, and A divisions would compete in DCI during the week;

If you desire to study the proposal in its entirety, here is a link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/975367/Do%20Not%20...G7%20Report.pdf

Edited by Stu

The G7 is a DCI proposal by Hopkins (Cadets) and Gibbs (Blue Devils) with backing by Fiedler (SCV) Glasgow (Bluecoats) Valenzuela (Regiment) Smith/Coats (Crown) and to some extent DeGrauwe (Cavaliers). Here are the highlights of what is causing the anger by posters here on DCP:

Hopkins, Gibbs, and the other five of the G7 directors want to:

Create an elite G7 AAA division with just the above mentioned corps;

Relegate all other World Class corps to either AA or A division status under the G7;

Eliminate all support entirely for Open Class corps except for SCV Cadets, Blue Devils B, and Colt Cadets who would be promoted to the A division;

Create an exclusive Cirque type show for the G7 to perform at each weekend;

The AAA, AA, and A divisions would compete in DCI during the week;

If you desire to study the proposal in its entirety, here is a link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/975367/Do%20Not%20...G7%20Report.pdf

So they're eliminating the original "World Class/Open Class/A Class" thing?

I'm a little surprised you're asking this. You've obviously been in the G7 thread. Did you read the source material there?

Is this a rhetorical question, or are you serious?

Maybe sarcasm?

If you're serious I'm not surprised at the responses so far.

I'd love to banter the issues with you, but you've got to read the G7 presentation, DCI's 5-year plan, Dan Acheson's initial response, and the survey info.

Then, tell us what YOU think!

I have read quite a bit, but it seems to leave me more confused than I was originally.

So they're eliminating the original "World Class/Open Class/A Class" thing?

Sort of a big revision of the World Class divisional strata, and the elimination of most OC corps from DCI support:

Create an elite "AAA" division for just the G7

Put the normally mid level placing WC corps' into a "AA" division

Put the normally lower placing WC corps', along with SCV Cadets, BDB, and Colt Cadets, into an "A" division

Completely eliminate "all" OC Corps from DCI support (except SCV Cadtes, BDB, and Colt Cadets)

Edited by Stu