Will someone please tell me what G7 is all about?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many years ago, in a land far, far way, there lived an evil king named George the Chaste. There were 23 Lords throughout the Kingdom, each with his own fiefdom. There were the dark lords, Gibbs the Conqueror (and his 13 Ringwraths) & Fiedler the Fiedler both of the land beyond the mountains. There was Lord Valenzuela and his Phantom army, Lord Coates and his Carolina Coates of Arms (in velour) in search of a Crown; The dark lord of the Cavaliers and the evil Bluuu Army. Then there were the warring clans of Madison of Bloomington; Lord Baddass of Boston, The Wandering Spirit clan, The Glass and Cross clans, the Knights of the high country, and many others.

The dark lords were in search of the “one logo” that would make them all powerful:

“One Logo to rule them all, One Logo to find them,

One Logo to bring them all and with binding arbitration, revenue sharing, self-determination, schedule control, format re-design, fan & high school outreach and advanced media innovations… bind them.”

The dark lords sent out a proclamation throughout the land announcing the coming doom and the unwashed masses were sore afraid. Then just at the moment when all was lost (or found, depending on your allegiance) an amazing thing happened. From the land of dinosaurs came the Knights of the Round Middle…. aging Euphists, Tubists, Trumpists, Percussionists and former guard with serious mobility issues. The ancient army mounted their walkers and scooters determined to fight the Dark Lords. They texted, they blogged, they polled and began a campaign of #####ing the likes of which no one had ever seen. Led by Dan of the Bloated Staff, they maneuvered to block the Dark Lords before they could reach Mount Doom in the Land of the Hoosiers. In the next and final chapter….”The Return of the Malaise and Malfeasance” we will find out what happens and how the dark lord George the Chaste becomes George the Chased.

:smile:

OK, that was funny. Now, how can we characterize open-class with a Tolkien-esque reference?

I'm workin' on it. I see Open Class as Hobbit-esque. One of the them will find the Logo and attempt to destroy it! :smile:

OK, that was funny. Now, how can we characterize open-class with a Tolkien-esque reference?

An anonymous Hobbit of the Open Class, following the example of Frodo Baggins, is destined to become one of the most legendary figures in the history of Middle-Management when he will undertake the quest to destroy George’s Ring of Power in order to bring about the Dark Lord's downfall. This Hobbit, like Frodo before him, will bare the One Ring deep into DCI despite great hardship and personal sacrifice, proving himself to be a hero of equal stature to the greatest warrior.

An anonymous Hobbit of the Open Class, following the example of Frodo Baggins, is destined to become one of the most legendary figures in the history of Middle-Management when he will undertake the quest to destroy George’s Ring of Power in order to bring about the Dark Lord's downfall. This Hobbit, like Frodo before him, will bare the One Ring deep into DCI despite great hardship and personal sacrifice, proving himself to be a hero of equal stature to the greatest warrior.

What are we doing here...a vulcan mind melt? I like the way you're going with it...but it's a Logo of Power! Yes...and as Frodo is bearing the One Logo deep into DCI he runs into one the overstaffed employees playing Solitaire on the computer.

What are we doing here...a vulcan mind melt?

Possibly; but ideas of great importance like this normally materialize while sitting in the throne room figuring out what to do because the previous king who was in the room used the last roll of paper. BTW, it is mind meld - not melt :smile:

Continuing the analogy, perhaps the "Return of the King" suggests a man who will emerge out of the chaos and victory coming from a race of heroes from long ago leading his scattered tribe back to prominence where they will rule wisely. Clearly Acheson is Saruman, once a respected leader who himself came from these same heroes, but for years now in league with the Dark Lord. Blenski is Tom Bombadil! lol

I have heard a ton of crap about this 'G7 proposal,' and I know that it somehow involves some of the best corps out there and Cadets director George Hopkins. But I don't know what it's about, or why it's making everyone so angry. Would someone please enlighten me?

It's all about the beginning of the end.

Continuing the analogy, perhaps the "Return of the King" suggests a man who will emerge out of the chaos and victory coming from a race of heroes from long ago leading his scattered tribe back to prominence where they will rule wisely. Clearly Acheson is Saruman, once a respected leader who himself came from these same heroes, but for years now in league with the Dark Lord. Blenski is Tom Bombadil! lol

I think I need some pipeweed.

So I guess the other G7 directors would be the Nazgul?