2010 Rankings

What happened to Music City?

Just saw a score for them, but don't see them in the rankings.

This is worth 1 beer for correct information.

Music City Legends are inactive for 2010. The Music City you are seeing scores for is the Open Class corps from Nashville. BTW, they have a very nice and fan friendly show.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to Music City?

Just saw a score for them, but don't see them in the rankings.

This is worth 1 beer for correct information.

Do you mean this corps? They are a junior corps from the Music City.

Robert

Dear Mr/Mrs/Mis ozarkbugler

Thanks for the info. I am now a better person because of what you said.

Your 2 choices for your reward are thuss....

1) Come to Patrick's (www.Patricksonthird.com)

2) Come to DCA and track me down (this option comes with a free can cooler)

Thanks for you time

How can it be that we are now in August and the Vigilantes STILL have not competed???? Is it possible they do not have the required 35 members? I know they got a bit of a membership bump after DCI last year. are they expecting that again? and although technically it doesn't violate any rules ... is it really fair to the corps that compete every week in DCA? i'm just sayin ... it seems odd they're the only ones (I think) who have yet to compete.

Unfortunately all DCA shows are 850+ miles from our location, and the bottom line is we cant afford to do more than two long distance shows in a season. We would very much like to compete more regularly, this is a problem for us. We have just completed our eval with DCI whilst their officials were in town during the Dallas and Denton shows (they had a meeting with our BOD and management team). Next season we will be doing more Texas based DCI shows :thumbdown:

We are marching 42 members.

Roger Treacher

Vigilantes

Unfortunately all DCA shows are 850+ miles from our location, and the bottom line is we cant afford to do more than two long distance shows in a season. We would very much like to compete more regularly, this is a problem for us. We have just completed our eval with DCI whilst their officials were in town during the Dallas and Denton shows (they had a meeting with our BOD and management team). Next season we will be doing more Texas based DCI shows :thumbdown:

Roger Treacher

Vigilantes

What no DCA mini-corps??

Roger Treacher

Vigilantes

Looking forward to seeing you folks in Minnesota in 2 weeks.

Sometimes not getting a "dirty" score in July can have its advantages. You could get a score when you are not ready for public consumption say early in July and then spend the rest of the season digging out from underneath it. Get your score in August when you are ready and get a fair head to head comparison they you are in the mix instead of trying to catch up with the Jones"s

As an organization, the Vigilantes would love to have the opportunity to perform more shows in the DCA structure. But as you know, it takes three competing corps to sanction a show. At this time there are no other DCA corps within a 12 hour drive, which makes it very difficult to have a show in June or July.

MN is in two weeks and we'll see how the cards fall there.

We had a good time 2 years ago in Texas when we traveled for Brass hysteria and would love to have a closer show than Minnesota too! Maybe next year we can get something going out west.

See you in Minnesota Vigilantes!

And for the rest of the season. Had the DCI judges given them say a 72 that would have knocked them back down the ladder to 11th place and we know that would not be a accurate position to have them in ...... <snip>

OK, THIS is what I can't understand. The purpose of the preliminaries is to pick the final ten and set them to appear in reverse order of their preliminaries finish at the finals the next day. Preliminaries is the ONLY level playing field of the season...ALL ELEVEN CORPS THE SAME NIGHT, THE SAME FIELD IN THE SAME CONTINENT, THE SAME WEATHER, THE SAME JUDGES.

It should make no difference if the Bucs go on first in preliminaries and the MBI and Empire fith and eighth.

Do judges really need to see the corps in ANTICIPATED order? Or do they have enough confidence in themselves to take the boxes and ranges and place the corps in proper order as they see them perform? If we need to get the corps to perform in the proper "rung on the ladder" (slot?) in prelininaries, then we don't need judging at all.

I maintain that the DCA judges I know (many of whom also judged Garden State Circuit shows where they saw some corps only once or twice) could take the 11 Open Class corps in ANY order and get them right for finals. The judges' scores don't need to be "validated" against slots. Let's give these professionals credit and let them have a fully open mind and fully open score sheets when they step on the field.

This was the one place where the tick system had a more objective fundamental base..........at least IN THEORY.

OK, THIS is what I can't understand. The purpose of the preliminaries is to pick the final ten and set them to appear in reverse order of their preliminaries finish at the finals the next day. Preliminaries is the ONLY level playing field of the season...ALL ELEVEN CORPS THE SAME NIGHT, THE SAME FIELD IN THE SAME CONTINENT, THE SAME WEATHER, THE SAME JUDGES.

It should make no difference if the Bucs go on first in preliminaries and the MBI and Empire fith and eighth.

Do judges really need to see the corps in ANTICIPATED order? Or do they have enough confidence in themselves to take the boxes and ranges and place the corps in proper order as they see them perform? If we need to get the corps to perform in the proper "rung on the ladder" (slot?) in prelininaries, then we don't need judging at all.

I maintain that the DCA judges I know (many of whom also judged Garden State Circuit shows where they saw some corps only once or twice) could take the 11 Open Class corps in ANY order and get them right for finals. The judges' scores don't need to be "validated" against slots. Let's give these professionals credit and let them have a fully open mind and fully open score sheets when they step on the field.

This was the one place where the tick system had a more objective fundamental base..........at least IN THEORY.

in all the years i marched we went on in prelims by coin flips at the DCA meetings. you didn't go on in order of rankings and for the most part they got it right. if the best corps went on 1st the scores were lower. but it worked. i agree with you 100%.