The Normal Nipple

So Colts have posted a teaser before tonight's show in Normal. Sounds great but you can't see a lot. Take a look guys!

http://bit.ly/ba6TzN

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is always one of the funniest shows because the BOA kids go crazy for anything.

Warning people may get mad at next statement

Crown will win because they do the clinic with the BOAers and they cheer a lot for them (cavies 08). They will get the most crowd reaction from that and pretty much its a crowd pleaser score now a days wins.

I agree with everything up to the bold. You seriously think judges choose crowd favorites?

This is always one of the funniest shows because the BOA kids go crazy for anything.

Warning people may get mad at next statement

Crown will win because they do the clinic with the BOAers and they cheer a lot for them (cavies 08). They will get the most crowd reaction from that and pretty much its a crowd pleaser score now a days wins.

Are you talking about this show specifically or DCI in general?

I agree with everything up to the bold. You seriously think judges choose crowd favorites?

Early in the season, I think the corp who gets the most/loudest reaction from the crowd DOES get something extra in the scoring. Maybe its unintentional, but when the crowd is going wild how can a judge not think "what did I miss" and add a bit of padding for the 'miss'......

But, no matter how the BOA members and parents react, Carolina Crown should still be the odds on favorite.

I love going to this show because its filled with people who have never attended a drum corp event.

They are blown away by the very first corp that takes the field.

Its GREAT for the corps that the crowd will be sitting on their hands or talking to their friends at upcoming shows!

We need to show more love for the first corps who take the field!

90% this show 10% general. This show has gone to who ever does the clinic the last couple years.

That's because back when the Cavaliers did it they were in the prime and dominant years. Now Crown's moving up to be a contender while the Cavies may have slipped the past couple years and *dramatic pause* they're likely to win the Normal show.

Any chance of someone at the show posting a real time review?

I'll try to post something at intermission - when the BOA presentation is done.

And a bit more at the end of the show.

But, no corp to corp real time....I want to enjoy the show and not be eaten alive by the 'haters' who pop up during show postings..........