The Normal Nipple

The night before did not include Crown, Cadets or Blue Stars. Judges had to leave a little room for those corps and they were not interested in giving out 80s quite yet.

I normally buy that when it comes to scoring but no other corps scores were impacted in the same manner. If they were lowballing to save room for the other corps that went on later, then they should have lowballed everyone.

The Scouts scores went up .5 from their last show that was head to head with Glassmen. The Cavaliers score went up 1 full point from that same Louisville show.

I'm not doubting the other corps got better. Maybe it was just a bad show for them but it was a definite departure from the consistency of scoring from the previous shows. It's a similar lineup in Madison. I don't know if the judging panel will be any different but I'm really curious to see how tonight ends up and to see if their score comes back to the 71-72 range or stays at a 69.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally buy that when it comes to scoring but no other corps scores were impacted in the same manner. If they were lowballing to save room for the other corps that went on later, then they should have lowballed everyone.

The Scouts scores went up .5 from their last show that was head to head with Glassmen. The Cavaliers score went up 1 full point from that same Louisville show.

I'm not doubting the other corps got better. Maybe it was just a bad show for them but it was a definite departure from the consistency of scoring from the previous shows. It's a similar lineup in Madison. I don't know if the judging panel will be any different but I'm really curious to see how tonight ends up and to see if their score comes back to the 71-72 range or stays at a 69.

You act as if this is science or something! :thumbup:

they will get screwed over becuase it goes Pio them then BS. Just how i feel it will happen.

I enjoyed the performances last night. The corps looked very good for early in the season. My favorite shows last night were Carolina Crown, Cadets and Blue Stars!! :thumbup:,

From what I can see....simply on Fan Network....and I am sorry to be harsh....but Glassmen are nowhere near Scouts....Drillwise....maybe....but excitement-wise...not even close. The horns sounded out of tune...maybe some overplaying? Again, I am sorry....but the Glassmen, to me....are boring. I am certain by the end of the year that they will move up in the world...as their music is difficut...but again....boring. Very sorry....just an opinion.

I'm not sure I understand how Glassmen dropped from a 71.9 the night before to a 69.5.

Was it a really bad performance? There were considerable drops in Visual GE and Music Ensemble scores last night. Everything else seemed to be in the same ball park.

Not to diss the Glassmen, but I feel Madison has much stronger music programming/effect, and a far more mature brass sound and level of brass performance/full ensemble....I actually think the results in Normal were more accurate, and I don't expect Glassmen to beat or even challenge Madison the rest of the season............they (G-men) could make finals, but it will take alot of work, and it's a tough year.....

My next call......Blue Stars will beat the Cavaliers.......within the next 10 days..........

GB

Not to diss the Glassmen, but I feel Madison has much stronger music programming/effect, and a far more mature brass sound and level of brass performance/full ensemble....I actually think the results in Normal were more accurate, and I don't expect Glassmen to beat or even challenge Madison the rest of the season............they (G-men) could make finals, but it will take alot of work, and it's a tough year.....

My next call......Blue Stars will beat the Cavaliers.......within the next 10 days..........

GB

have you watched both live? I saw Glassmen at BG and they were right up there with BC and PR n sound.

watching the VOD the Scouts show doesnt appeal to me like they used to.

Edited by BigPapiBass5

have you watched both live? I saw Glassmen at BG and they were right up there with BC and PR n sound.

watching the VOD the Scouts show doesnt appeal to me like they used to.

I am with GB on this one....Glassmen will not catch Scouts.....plus they are just plain boring.....

I am with GB on this one....Glassmen will not catch Scouts.....plus they are just plain boring.....

there have been plenty of shows that i thought were boring that beat non boring ones. So they can catch them.

to me old school stuff now a days is boring.

Edited by BigPapiBass5

I'm not sure how boring and Visual GE and Music Ensemble scores are tied together. Being boring and being good are mutually exclusive of each other.

Regardless, I'm glad to see the Scouts are off to a good start. I have a former student marching in their tenor line and I'm glad he is having a good experience so I'm not into comparing the 2 corps and saying who is better or should be better.