Cadets 2010

My corps was hated more than your corps. I think for overall longevity, overt in-your face-ness, overwhelming number of rules changes proposals, etc., etc., Hop wins the most-hated-through-the-years award, and by extension or osmosis or collateral damage, so does his corps....sorry BD and Cavies. So the "door" and rabbit and pink tables and taxi cab doors and Manhattan Island outline blowing around Camp Randall and Bjork and so on and so on......beat up on "don't forget to write your mother yowsa yowsa."

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My corps was hated more than your corps. I think for overall longevity, overt in-your face-ness, overwhelming number of rules changes proposals, etc., etc., Hop wins the most-hated-through-the-years award, and by extension or osmosis or collateral damage, so does his corps....sorry BD and Cavies. So the "door" and rabbit and pink tables and taxi cab doors and Manhattan Island outline blowing around Camp Randall and Bjork and so on and so on......beat up on "don't forget to write your mother yowsa yowsa."

Ugggggh, brings back so many terrible memories of what I heard people yell at finals night. :tongue:

Don't forget fire trucks, the pledge, rehashing songs that other corps made famous, and a baton twirler.

Don't forget fire trucks, the pledge, rehashing songs that other corps made famous, and a baton twirler.

Man it's been one hell of a decade.

Ugggggh, brings back so many terrible memories of what I heard people yell at finals night. :tongue:

If it makes you feel better, Cadets 99 is the first Cadet show I ever saw and I really enjoyed it. Especially the City of Angels... with the little mello solo.

And just to reply to the remark about BD getting some heat for mirrors this year:

I think the BD concept with mirrors is brilliant. I haven't seen the show yet (Murfreesboro, are you here yet?!?!) but I'm looking forward to seeing how Scott Chandler has used the mirrors to his guard's advantage. He's such a genius when it comes to... everything artsy. haha

On that note...

Go Holy Name! Can't wait to see yall this friday!

If it makes you feel better, Cadets 99 is the first Cadet show I ever saw and I really enjoyed it. Especially the City of Angels... with the little mello solo.

And just to reply to the remark about BD getting some heat for mirrors this year:

I think the BD concept with mirrors is brilliant. I haven't seen the show yet (Murfreesboro, are you here yet?!?!) but I'm looking forward to seeing how Scott Chandler has used the mirrors to his guard's advantage. He's such a genius when it comes to... everything artsy. haha

On that note...

Go Holy Name! Can't wait to see yall this friday!

Thanks a lot!

And I'm sure you already know how much I LOVED HNC 2009.

Like you said, it's kind of nice this year to just worry about whether the Cadets can clean up their show. Let the other teams field some controversy for a while!

Lol, basically.

you forgot: Stepping off on the right foot, picnic blankets. use of non-rifles, yellow raincoats, small guard, Wesley, West side Story, female singer....

G

you forgot: Stepping off on the right foot, picnic blankets. use of non-rifles, yellow raincoats, small guard, Wesley, West side Story, female singer....

G

What a strange show that seems to be. 1986.