Southwest Corps Connection

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These three are going to be a pretty solid pack this season. I hope all three make it into finals!

Who do you think they will bump out? And I guess that assumes that Madison doesn't make finals either....

Whole list of possibilities: Colts, Glassmen, Madison, Spirit, Crossmen, Pacific Crest - all of these can potentially be finalist corps. If the usual make Finals, 9 of them, that only leaves 3 spots for these 9 corps to duke it out.

Honestly, I try not to think about who's going to get bumped out. It's a reality, true, but I really hope for the success of all the corps. Ya, someone's going to get in and someone's going to get knocked out, but focusing on the latter is too negative for me.

As far as my comment earlier, I meant it more along the lines of "so close, and I hope they stay close all season and can settle it on Finals night." It really sucks when there's a pack that's really close all season, and because only 12 can make it to the Saturday show, the entire pack doesn't get to settle their season on Saturday. Make sense?

Whole list of possibilities: Colts, Glassmen, Madison, Spirit, Crossmen, Pacific Crest - all of these can potentially be finalist corps. If the usual make Finals, 9 of them, that only leaves 3 spots for these 9 corps to duke it out.

That's my kind of math! :tongue:

That's my kind of math! :tongue:

Ha, yeah, I re-read it and it is confusing. My point was if you assume these 9 make Finals (Blue Devils, SCV, Crown, Bluecoats, Boston, Cadets, Phantom, Cavies, Blue Stars) then that leaves spots 10th-12th for these corps to duke it out (Troopers, Spirit, Glassmen, Blue Knights, Colts, Pacific Crest, Academy, Crossmen & Madison). I didn't include Mandarins or Jersey Surf, but I guess you can completly rule them out either.

Who do you think they will bump out? And I guess that assumes that Madison doesn't make finals either....

I don't think anyone can assume anything finalists except for maybe the G7 corps. Even then, we saw Phantom drop from 1- 9 last season and we've seen a 6th place corps drop to 14th in this decade, won't name who it was.... :tongue: Anything is possible and one show or one number from any show right now is only a starting surface. It's fun to look at all the possibilities, but why make up your mind about a group being a definite finalist now? That would be like the NCAA using the AP and ESPN Pre-Season Poll to mean that the way they start is way they will finish. Madison has as good a chance as BK who has just as good a chance as GMen who has just as good a chance as Boston etc.... Nothing will matter til the scores go to full panels and the corps go head to head. Until then lets enjoy what is sure to be a highly competitive season. 16 or 17 finalist quality deep it looks like! :sad:

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98