Pre-Recorded stuff everywhere

The shows that I've seen that could do without:

Bluecoats - Sounds like a chick from Circ de Souleil...the only thing I dislike! The solo in the ballad that plays along with pre recorded strings is just tasty! ::EDIT:: The mic'd solo is kind of interesting...but again...not needed.

Cadets - Pre show...doesn't do anything for me

Cavies - "This is my riffle" bit...it's a tad long winded...but maybe when they get the 100 riffle section nice and polished, perhaps it will have a better effect on me then it is right now. And the singing of "Mad World" : see my comments on Spirit. Could do with out it.

Crown - The use of the synth piano during Danzon seems so naked...then at the end with the synth lute/guitar - It does seem like an easy way out of arranging/utilizing the front ensemble fully.

Glassmen - Chanting at the beginning is short and repeats a couple times...but still could do with out.

Spirit - "Forge...Icon" over and over and over...we get it! :tongue:

These are all the things that I can think of right now...

Edited by DcFr3aK

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the cavies pre-show because it is uncomfortable and offsetting. It sets the mood rather well live.

I guess? Seems really lame and bando to me. I meant "uncomfortable" as in "this is really embarrassing, I feel bad for the members that have to stand out on the field while this nonsense is going on."

I guess? Seems really lame and bando to me. I meant "uncomfortable" as in "this is really embarrassing, I feel bad for the members that have to stand out on the field while this nonsense is going on."

This is exactly what I thought when I saw it in Allentown. I also thought something along the lines of "this is not a good sign of what's to come...."

Glassmen - Chanting at the beginning is short and repeats a couple times...but still could do with out.

I believe that they are supposed to be prayer chants. So it goes with the show.

I believe that they are supposed to be prayer chants. So it goes with the show.

Yeah, I figured as much...but the big hit after that with that jumble of recognizable melodies gives me the same idea that this is going to have to do something with "prayer". I don't need them to give me a theme...they're giving it to us pretty well!!!

This is what I was afraid of when electronics were allowed. IMO electronics should only be used to enhance or amplify the sound of an instrument on the field. If a recording involves the sound of an instrument that was played elsewhere at a different time it should be be allowed.

My feeling is that if people complain about it being "FAKE", then we'll have provided ammo for them to pass the usage of these instruments so to make it "NOT FAKE". Careful what you say!

That's fine with me.

I say, require them to drag a 12 foot Steinway out on the field if they require the sound of a piano outside so #### bad.

/Cue General Disarray: "Statesmen did it."

BTW I see this is my 69th post.

Hell Yeah...

Edited by Mephistopheles

I know Cavies have some...and it's early, so I expect more to come as the season goes on

It sounds like a final fantasy intro loop. Seriously....

It's better than narration, but not my favorite thing.

It's something that corps are doing to be seen as competitive...

pre-recorded voice, strings, etc are all over the place. what do you think?

i'm actually okay with most of it so far because it doesn't seem to get in the way of or replace the hornlines.

I just don't like any of it.