Bowling Green Ohio Show

Phantom might pass Bluecoats but it won't happen tonight.

I'm thinking the Bluecoats increase the spread by a few tenths. I cannot see Phantom getting rewarded for so many Tuba holes.

Any word on when these guys/gals will be in the show?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be at the show tonight. I will likely tweet my thoughts before and after each corps' performance. You can find me at @willisje, or just search Jonathan Willis.

Don't know what kind of AT&T connection I will have, but I hope 3G is good. I may take some photos and will post those to DCP later when I do a review of the show.

Go BLOOOOOOOO!

i never said that. PRs problem was their drill and they fixed alot of it. If you are going to freak out about that stay away from the predictions topics.

Not freaking out, in fact I have vested interest that PR does well tonight. Just simply pointing out that everyone has issues to fix and working hard to do just that. Sorry to imply I was moving the freakout meter.

This is kinda important: I'm not sure how parking is going to work out for this show. BGSU is building a new (awesome) basketball stadium right next to the football stadium and they're doing road work all over the place so we'll see how parking works out. If my campus-emails are correct then the construction should be everywhere BUT the football stadium, but don't quote me on that.

In terms of pre-show or aftershow foods I'd check out Pollyeyes (for the breadsticks) or Dairy Queen (for the extremely cheap ice cream). There's lots of other restaurants around the area so feel free to drive around and find something you like! I'll probably be at Pollyeyes with the rest of the BGSU band for preshow stuff.

I'll be at the show playing the National Anthem with part of the BGSUFMBand. Playing saxophone at a DCI show won't be my proudest moment, but hey, I get free tickets. :sad:

Depending on how crappy cedar point internet wants to be when I get back from the show will determine whether or not I post a review so we'll just have to wait on that.

large_doyt.jpg

See You There!

I'll probably be at Pollyeyes with the rest of the BGSU band for preshow stuff.

Tradition! Even back in the early 80s the band kids went to Pollyeyes. I was in FMB for 1 year but, as was the case at that time, band and corps were not the greatest of friends. I chose drumcorps.

Myles really is better pizza though. :sad:

Tradition! Even back in the early 80s the band kids went to Pollyeyes. I was in FMB for 1 year but, as was the case at that time, band and corps were not the greatest of friends. I chose drumcorps.

Myles really is better pizza though. :sad:

Is Dino's pizza still around? It was the best pizza back in the 70's, early 80's. It was diagonally across from the old music building (I think it became the speech building and am not sure if it's still there).

Is Dino's pizza still around? It was the best pizza back in the 70's, early 80's. It was diagonally across from the old music building (I think it became the speech building and am not sure if it's still there).

Mmm, Dinos. The name later changed to Marks and I think the building is gone today. It was indeed good pizza though. I knew more than a few GPM kids at BG

Rumur has it that Crossmen have been finished with the show for two weeks now. Should be a marked improvment from last years debut. Lets hope anyway. Go Bones !!!!!!

Weather update: it's 4pm...and the weather is even MORE perfect than I thought it would be. Patchy white puffy clouds (which almost always means low humidity...and does today, too), and a slight breeze...

You've still got time...hit the road, Jack...