Who will drop out of top 12?

In my heart of hearts I have a feeling BK wont be able to hold onto a top 12 slot for long. I love what tey've done with nimrod, but I unless their drill is stunning I cant see them keeping a place against a rebuilt Madison, a stronger Colts, and a Trooper corps that has tasted top 12.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In my heart of hearts I have a feeling BK wont be able to hold onto a top 12 slot for long. I love what tey've done with nimrod, but I unless their drill is stunning I cant see them keeping a place against a rebuilt Madison, a stronger Colts, and a Trooper corps that has tasted top 12.

It could be a tough race in that 11-15ish spot. Keep in mind BK has been ahead of troopers at both shows so far. Also dont know what'll happen with any corps, a hot start doesnt necessarily last over the season (too clean, too early and peaking) and a slow start doesnt necessarily either (dirty, but a lot of points to gain by cleaning).

You also have to remember that the spread between Troopers/Academy (the only reason I group these 2 together is because they have both won a head-to-head show) and Blue Knights right now is pretty close to what the spread was between Troopers and Academy at the beginning of the year and Troopers ended up closing the gap. Obviously anything can happen but small spreads (1-1.5 points) can be closed especially this early.

Without even marching a show, Troopers starts the year 13th. Madison will be a Top 12 corps this year. Bank it. I would take them versus last year's 12th - 14th as a Top 12 for 2010.

So, the real question...could someone other than Troopers be out of Top 12? If Madison is in, could BK and/or Glassmen also be out in addition to Troopers? Anyone else with iffy early season offerings that would drop them out of Top 12 contention?

I have no insight, because I haven't seen anyone yet. But I just wanted to point out that every year without fail, folks pick Glassmen and Blue Knights -- more than just about any other corps -- as corps that will fall out of the top 12. And every year, they don't.

Not saying they will or won't, but they certainly always seem to be most everyone's Failcorps. :tongue:

I have no insight, because I haven't seen anyone yet. But I just wanted to point out that every year without fail, folks pick Glassmen and Blue Knights -- more than just about any other corps -- as corps that will fall out of the top 12. And every year, they don't.

Not saying they will or won't, but they certainly always seem to be most everyone's Failcorps. :tongue:

agree...these two corps seem to be the red-headed step children of DCP!

Well, it only makes sense, if another corps makes it into finals, the corps that are going to fall out are most likely to be the corps that would otherwise be in the 11-12 spot.

glassmen have been in that 11 (or below) spot for several seasons until they made 10th last year, which puts them in one of those spots.

BK will get mentions due to their downward trajectory the past few years. Being in 11th last year, them and troopers are those 'last in\first out' corps

Spirit used to be on these lists as well while they were hanging on to the bottom end of finals.

Troopers certainly have to prove they can hang in the top 12 consistently. Reasons to predict they'd fall out- first 2 shows scores, questions of can they maintain and grow. Reasons to predict theyd stay (before the season started)- upward trajectory the last few years.

Edited by AlexL

You guys are probably a lot smarter about this stuff than I am, but I have a gut feeling that if today were Thursday August 12th instead of June 24th, it would still be too early to say for sure who's in and who's not.

Whch is what makes it so interesting.

But - speculate on - don't let me stop you.