Is it just me ?

Bluecoats are extremely good, but for me you can scrap the opener, it's like having a seizure or something. No melody, just random fastness and loud inyourfacenessforthesakeofitness. Love the rest of the show.

The opener's my favorite part of the show. Love it.

The opener's my favorite part of the show. Love it.

Ya I get I'm probably in the minority on that one, and it IS extremely impressive, just not my cup of tea.

Bluecoats are extremely good, but for me you can scrap the opener, it's like having a seizure or something. No melody, just random fastness and loud inyourfacenessforthesakeofitness. Love the rest of the show.

Have you seen the Blue Devils this year? You might change your mind on this one.

Have you seen the Blue Devils this year? You might change your mind on this one.

Valid point....

Valid point....

Just this year?

I love the Bluecoats' show this year. Usually when I'm in the drum corps mood I need the whole package, so I'll watch an video as opposed to just listening to a show. There are very few shows that I just listen to and am still capable of getting the full entertianment factor (probably only one-two dozen) of watching them. Bluecoats 2010 is one of them. Surprisingly, there are actually a few corps that I feel that way about this year ... Cavies are another.

Was at rehearsal last night. The focus of their ensemble was the opener actually...its really all they did.

They play very very well and the design is leaps and bounds better than last year. Guard is MUCH improved.

Right now the snare line is the weakness in the drumline and the pit is going through some changes. Beyond that, the package is there, but they don't march like contenders...at least not yet anyway. Lots of horn control issues from what I saw and the feet/technique just isn't at the top 3 level. I'm not saying it can't get there, but right now I think that is what will hold them back.

They play like contenders, they just don't move like them yet.

Will be at the show tonight...full review coming.

Edited by jts5032

Ha ha...yes the whole BD show is like that! Like it was written by someone with ADHD. They play about 16 bars of any given tune before moving on. Also the Cavvies first half I though was not all that great - loved the second half though.

Coats got completely hosed in '07. I absolutely HATE it when people spout about judging conspiracies, but something was up.

Granted, but to put things into perspective as far as placement, the 4th through 7th place corps were all within a point of each other. Being that close, the placement of those 4 spots could have landed anywhere. Unfortunately for Bluecoats, they ended up at the bottom of that pile.

I like to think of it as the best 7th place corps ever. :tongue:

They need a much stronger ending, but this is a very clean corps for June! I think they'll be scratching at the heels of Crown tonight, and by the end of the season who knows.

2010 is shaping up very nice.