The Loudest Corps 2010

I was in Madison last night and was fortunate to see the Cavies, Cadets, Glassmen, Scouts, Blue Stars, and some others.

As far as pure volume goes, the Glassmen or the Scouts were the loudest. The Scouts opener was pure "pedal to the metal" intensity for almost the first 25 seconds.

One thing that I noticed about the Cavaliers was that their synth sometimes covered up the band. At the end of a large crescendo, it seemed that even though the corps was getting louder that the synth might have covered up climax of the corps.

So, for pure volume, as of last night, and with the limited number of corps I saw, I would have to say that the Glassmen are the loudest this year.

You lost me at the bolded section.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank is a great brass teacher; he taught Suncoast Sound, Cadets, Magic, and Glassmen that I know of. Very entertaining educator and someone to be feared if you were on his bad side!!!!

and BAC

Crown has the loudest/best sounding line I've heard in all my years in drum corps (All my years might not be as much as others on the forum...but it's quite a lot!)

Scouts have a tremendous 'presence' with that massive bottom heavy hornline. They sound rather restrained still at this point. I'm sure DVD & crew will take the reins off the second half of the season. I personally cannot wait.

At this point Crown sounds like a million bucks. I honestly can't remember when I have ever heard such a balance of volume and quality.

But, not to toot my own horn so to speak, the 108 member hornline of the Star of Indiana Alumni Corps might be able to get your attention come semis.

I agree on the who's got the synth's volume cranked up. I seen the show in Madison. I am trying to understand why Madison's 20 man tuba line still needs to be supported by the keyboard. Cadets also had the keyboard supporting their hornline. With those observations, you can now throw out the loudest hornline stats since I believe the results are tainted.

the real question is, who is blending and matching tone quality? and who is in tune?