I'm hoping to march next year. I've got a few corps that I am already looking into. My main concern right now is money. About how much should I expect to pay for corps dues? About how much will the entire season cost me, including winter camps, tour fees and free day allowances? I am trying to work my budget sheet out to include a new apartment, out of state tuition and marching dci.

Any help is appreciated!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd ask each corps you are considering directly to get good cost estimates. I'd also start the process of getting a sponsor now so that you may be able to line one up. I'm not very familiar with how that works, but I know it really helps out a lot of corps members.

It really varies with different corps....but it adds up to a lot. More than 4 grand probably. Correct me if i am mistaken though!

I would make your goal to save 5000.00, which should cover any corps you want to march with, winter programming and summer tour, dues etc. Anthing left over is bonus.

I'm hoping to march next year. I've got a few corps that I am already looking into. My main concern right now is money. About how much should I expect to pay for corps dues? About how much will the entire season cost me, including winter camps, tour fees and free day allowances? I am trying to work my budget sheet out to include a new apartment, out of state tuition and marching dci.

Any help is appreciated!

Well apart from the costs of a corps that are set, I have not marched yet, but I had a few friends march and I asked them how much you carry apart from the regular tuition, and they told me 200-400. One of them had 400 and lived comfortably and didn't have to worry to much, the other had around 200 (maybe a little more or less idk) and he said he had to plan his budget more carefully and couldn't go candy crazy at walmart like some others could. Though, they did say some other brought less and did ok. I'm just speaking from conversations I had with some of my friends who marched.

All corps are different on tour fees, audition fees, camp fees etc. BUT you also will need some money of your own. One of the posters said around 5K. I think that would be more than enough and maybe not need that much. If money is an issue (which usually is for younger people) then I suggest you look for a sponsor and participate in any fund raising programs that you can. I donated my time and earned most of my tour fees through fund raising when I marched and didn't have much money.

I highly suggest if you do find a sponsor to not forget to thank him/her for their support. That goes a long way especially if your looking to march more than just one year. I sponsored someone last year from BAC that I never met or knew for that matter. He just sent me an email and asked. So you never know where the support might come from.

Good luck!

" Money! It's a hit. Don't give me that do goody good bull ####. ... A new car, caviar, 4 star day dream... think I'll join me a drum and bugle corps" ....

You know, one year when I marched the whole friggin' year cost me $400.00 - not including carrying around cash, of which my dad made sure I had like a grand total of about $17.50 for the whole summer it seemed, and then told me not to spend it all in one place. But they did come to enough shows and cash me up a little as the season went along.

wow, I'm old. :tongue:

And yeah, that WAS Pink Floyd.

Find out how much the dues are where you're trying to march, add travel costs to/from camps, and try to take about $500 on tour with you for off days, laundry, and souvenirs. That should about cover you. NOTE: You don't NEED $500 to get by on tour, but when you have a chance to eat in an actual restaurant, or go to Wal Mart, you'll be happy that you brought a little extra.