Pioneer 2010

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is the new uni going to be showed?

Per Donny Allen, Pio's new uniforms will debut at the Naperville show on July 11. I don't know if they'll show the uni's before then.

Bun buster day includes 3 long parades and a standstill exhibition to raise travel funds for the bigger tour coming up. I talked to my son and he said everything is OK.

I am glad people like the show, a lot of thought and hard work went into it. If the kids are willing to keep working as hard as they have been, we will get better every day.

Donny

Donny:

You bet your kids are ready to work. Everything is OK and will continue to get better. You have done an "exceptional" job with this corps as has all of the staff! I have never seen a group of people work so hard. It is obvious how much this means to all of you. We cannot wait to see Pioneer march onto the field with those awesome uniforms! This is going to get really good and interesting......Good Luck Donny! :tongue:

Bun buster day includes 3 long parades and a standstill exhibition to raise travel funds for the bigger tour coming up. I talked to my son and he said everything is OK.

I am glad people like the show, a lot of thought and hard work went into it. If the kids are willing to keep working as hard as they have been, we will get better every day.

Donny

Donny, I don't think you have to worry about the kids working hard. Normally, our son calls once a week to give an update. The last time we talked, he said that they are working willtheir butts off and loving every minute of it. Those kids feel the difference in the corps this year. My son said that when they got a standing ovation in Normal, many of the kids had tears in their eyes. They live for it.

We are so proud of everyone involved in Pioneer this year. You will move up this year but this is only the beginning of a rebuilding effort that will continue to produce dramatic results year after year.

Keep up the great work and we will see you again in Broken Arrow. :tongue:

I was just thinking... they scored a 68.05 tonight... could it be possible if they could actually break the 80s come championship week? In my opinion they have really improved to the point where this is possible! Anyone have any thoughts on this?

At this rate, EVERYONE is going to break 80. It's crazy that ten corps have already broken 80, and that there are only... 4-5 corps, I think, at this point that have not broken 70, and are all fairly close.

I was just thinking... they scored a 68.05 tonight... could it be possible if they could actually break the 80s come championship week? In my opinion they have really improved to the point where this is possible! Anyone have any thoughts on this?

With the show they have this year, I think that they are going to very close to 80 if they don't break it. They are about three weeks ahead of last year in scoring and haven't taken their early July beak. That happens after tonight's show. Their next competition is on July 11, and that gives the staff nearly a week to work with the kids on changes and cleaning. And --- they will be in their new uniform jackets for the next show. I'm certain that that will add to their GE score.

Great job Pioneer!! You are moving in the right direction -- Better every day. :thumbup: