Pioneer 2010

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Pioneer a couple of times on the Fan Network. Seems to me that they have the same issues as Troopers a few years ago. Drums and Horns seem very good but guard is small and dirty. Work on more bodies in the guard and this should help immensely.

Otherwise, they are on the right track.

It would be great, after all these many years, to see them in the top 12 very soon!

After watching Pioneer on FN for the third time, I see much improvement. The interaction between the announcer and the Corps has indeed improved. However it is not there yet. The announcer does affect the members playing. If one disagrees please listen to the interaction between the announcer and the Corps. The MC announced the Corps three times. I watched all the Corps that night and it seemed to me that all other Corps were announced once or twice never three times. This could be the result of the edit. To me what worked best was the first announcement of the Corps. then say nothing more.

Maybe I am missing something. I have yet to see the Pioneer DM's salute the crowd. Am I wrong?

Dean

Thanks for all the comments, suggestions and words of encouragement! It means a lot to this corps that so many people are rooting for us.

As for the DM saluting the crowd: we have two DMs on the front podium at the beginning of the show. The head DM keeps conducting while the other salutes the crowd and then leaves the podium to go backfield.

Bump to page one...

GO PIONEER!!!!!!!!!

Just got off of Fan Network watching the show, again Quite frankly, the more I watch it, the more I like it. The music is well arranged, the drill is difficult and the theme of the show is carried through from the beginning to the end. Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that the religious emphasis of the show almost insulted him. I'm not going to throw rocks at other opinions but this show is a reflection of who Pioneer is. They say this prayer before and after practice every day, they say it before contests and --- the whole corps goes to church almost every Sunday. So -- in my opinion this show is a celebration of who they are and it comes through in the music and how they do the drill.

Of all the shows this year, and I've seen just about everybody, either in person or on Fan Network, Pioneer's show more truly reflects the type of kids that are marching, their character and the character of the corps itself. Win or lose Pioneer, you and your show is a winner in my mind.

Go get 'em tomorrow and enjoy your performance because many, many other people will. And thank God we still have people with faith in this world and are not ashamed to express it.

Thanks Roman, Donny and all of the staff for the work you do with out kids. You have no idea how much it is appreciated and admired.