Just noticed this in the G7 Proposal

From the ajudication slide:

Performance

Percussion –20

Winds –20

Guard –20

Averaged == 30% of the total score

Old Hoppy already has plans for woojwinds! We need to add a category for keys and soon Guitars and Bass!

G7 - written by a 7th grader?

Reads like a Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland movie - Hey, how are we gonna save DCI? I know! Let's put on a show!!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Performance

Percussion –20

Winds –20

Guard –20

Old Hoppy already has plans for woojwinds! We need to add a category for keys and soon Guitars and Bass!

Reads like a Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland movie - Hey, how are we gonna save DCI? I know! Let's put on a show!!!!

Wasn't that "Our Gang"?

Boo? Spanky and Alfalfa would seem to be perfectly in your area of expertise and experience. :tongue:

Performance

Percussion –20

Winds –20

Guard –20

And yeah, the "winds" reference was clearly a moment of "look over here, not over there!"

Nicely buried in the text.

Edited by garfield

Wasn't that "Our Gang"?

Boo? Spanky and Alfalfa would seem to be perfectly in your area of expertise and experience. :tongue:

Oh yeah I think Our Gang did that too! I know Mickey Rooney and Garland did in Babes in Arms. I think they save the orphange! Our Gang did those types of shows as well...O-Tay!

Performance

Percussion –20

Winds –20

Guard –20

I think this is another example of just throw in everything possible and wait and see as to what actually sticks.

It was noticed and mentioned at the time when the link to the actual proposal was first posted here. I expressed surprise in a post at that time that it didn't draw more fire, but people were so shocked by the gutting of DCI that the proposal represented that there were bigger fish to fry, and so the notice was largely ignored.

The choice of "winds" wording was of course no accident, though, you're right. Broadening the instrumentation is what Hop has wanted for many years, and going outside DCI's "overly restrictive" rules, in his view, is the easiest way to get there.

Edited by Peel Paint

Performance

Percussion –20

Winds –20

Guard –20

omg, LMFAO !!!

G

Oh yeah I think Our Gang did that too! I know Mickey Rooney and Garland did in Babes in Arms. I think they save the orphange! Our Gang did those types of shows as well...O-Tay!

Wow you guys are old...then again I remember the reference myself.....

That is why I see no problem with this G7. I lost all respect for those corps, but I want them to leave and become band. Drum corps will survive and maybe even thrive with a complete changing of the guard. How many drum corps purists are going to go see a band show just because it is now the Blue Devils band? I really don't know the answer, maybe more, maybe less, but they will not be the same and drum corps can start working itself back to drum and bugle corps without all the complete game changing proposals Hoppy has been throwing at the board. This could be a win/win, a lose/lose or any combo therein. But really, G7 take your game and go, see ya. Wait no I won't, I personally don't enjoy band shows so I won't be there to see ya.......