Dublin Downs

In addition, there's something to be said for "home field" advantage. The guys who set the betting lines in Vegas for NFL and college football games state that playing at home is worth about an extra 3 points to the home team.

Now, whether that's even remotely applicable to drum corps is, of course, debatable. :smile:

I think it still helps get the corps pumped up, even though most have members from all over. Even though most live 1,000+ miles away from the corps' "hometown", they still get up for the "locals".

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually.. they got some old visual people (or specifically, person..though I'm not calling him old).. and he just got there, not sure he's had much impact on what you're seeing tonight.. but yes.. love the mad flags :)

Is Bart in? Just left the corps about four days ago. Whole slew of people coming in on the fourth. I left mid-day on the fourth.

Is Bart in? Just left the corps about four days ago. Whole slew of people coming in on the fourth. I left mid-day on the fourth.

Sly is back.

Sly is back.

I heard "Mad" Rumors about that. I didn't see him on the flying in list on Sunday. What happened at SCV, or was he not doing SCV this year?

Speaking of Scouts and faces then, I wasn't going to say it but since you brought it up, I don't like the look of members wearing sun glasses and that goes for any corps.

Actually, I didn't bring up the non-uniformity of skin color. But as far as the sunglasses go, it's an "old school" thing that kinda goes with the theme of the show, so I'm sure that's why they are allowing them to do it.

I heard "Mad" Rumors about that. I didn't see him on the flying in list on Sunday. What happened at SCV, or was he not doing SCV this year?

Not sure.. Michael Gaines had it on his FB today and the corps tweeted it, too. I squeeed. :) A lot of FMMs commented to the "new guys" to (and I quote) "pray for death"

Should be an interesting summer. I'll be getting on in either Houston or San Antonio.. I'll know more then.

Great build to company front. Trumpets work on double tounging it hard moving backward and doing that good attempt.Ending is a little flat but that will probably change with some crazy drill.

Much improved Cavies early season I didn't think you would be highr then 6 but now your definitly moving up in my book. Great job love the show.