OFFICIAL Atlanta Regional Thread...

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started watching on the fan Network. Pioneer just finished. Powerful sound,

nice rotating pods into large block, sops sounded strained right before final push,

but finished strong. Love the new white unis! Good job PIO!

Mandarins are up.....

Oh, and I just ordered thick crust Pizza from Pasquini's!!!!

Edited by madalumni

So......to be "inclusive"......you do.....NOT approve of this?? Hmmmm.....I would have thought it would be the other way around, i.e. that you respect their presentation...even if you don't agree with it. THAT is what inclusiveness is, right? OR....is inclusiveness those things that you personally agree with?

No, inclusiveness is, if a show is about prayer, representing prayer in a multitude of religious or spiritual beliefs, not just one to the exclusion of others.

No, inclusiveness is, if a show is about prayer, representing prayer in a multitude of religious or spiritual beliefs, not just one to the exclusion of others.

are you really serious? :tongue:

Watching on High Cam now, very nice video quality.

I'm watching on multi-cam....can you switch to high cam during the show?

Their show is not about "prayer." It's about the use of prayer for the corps. The show is about Pioneer.

Wouldn't want to #### off the "other" religions now would we........ Let's bash Glassmen next. Let's pray for no more religiously based music or shows..... heck, lets outlaw the national anthem at the show and spit on a few "other" folks while were at it just for fun!! Yay, Drum Corps!!!

I have no problem with religiously themed music or shows. This was a full religious prayer directed to a specific religion's deity, straight out of a church service. Completely inappropriate in every sense of the word.

There is a vocal excerpt of a prayer to the Christian God, with a prominent crucifix used as a prop.

Don't see a problem with that (I'm not religious, btw). I personally would not have ever wanted to perform a show with overt religious elements, but people can join whatever corps they want. Otherwise, it's just "entertainment". I don't get upset watching a "religious" performance...as long as I'm not forced to participate in it, it's a non-issue.

To each their own.