OFFICIAL Atlanta Regional Thread...

Just started watching on the fan Network. Pioneer just finished. Powerful sound,

nice rotating pods into large block, sops sounded strained right before final push,

but finished strong. Love the new white unis! Good job PIO!

Mandarins are up.....

Oh, and I just ordered thick crust Pizza from Pasquini's!!!!

With sausage? I'll be right over....

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with religiously themed music or shows. This was a full religious prayer directed to a specific religion's deity, straight out of a church service. Completely inappropriate in every sense of the word.

Pioneer goes to Church every Sunday during Tour. I think they make no apologies about who they are and what they do as an organization.

I find you offensive.

Pioneer goes to Church every Sunday during Tour. I think they make no apologies about who they are and what they do as an organization.

I find you offensive.

Is the corps a religious or secular organization? Who are they affiliated with?

I would suggest that there are many parents who would rather have their children marching in Pioneer's prayer program than, say, in BAC's guard last year, or there was a guard (BK?) in the last few years you could tell the color of their underwear under their white guard uni from the stands.

Just sayin'.

I would suggest that there are many parents who would rather have their children marching in Pioneer's prayer program than, say, in BAC's guard last year, or there was a guard (BK?) in the last few years you could tell the color of their underwear under their white guard uni from the stands.

Just sayin'.

Or if they were wearing any...

No, inclusiveness is, if a show is about prayer, representing prayer in a multitude of religious or spiritual beliefs, not just one to the exclusion of others.

I think of it more as every corps has an equal right to focus on any religious stuff they want. Pioneer just happened to choose contemporary Christianity. That doesn't mean that other corps aren't free to do some other religious aspect. Star 90 focused on Babylonian/Hebrew stuff. Star 91 on the advent of Christianity in Rome. Some shows have had Buddhist references.

Lots of diversity and inclusion out there, IMO.

Plus, it's marching band.

Wow, the use of electronics in some of these lower placing corps is just really, really bad. This is exactly what I envisioned when the electronics proposal passed. Though aside from the low-end synth the top corps seem to be figuring it out.