OFFICIAL Atlanta Regional Thread...

Yes.

Oh gosh.... I'm scratching you off the Christmas list, of course, I mean the Jehovah God Christmas list... not the other Christmas lists... and I'm sending $100 bucks to my new church, the Church of Pioneer... the one where you can still choose decent music and theme and not have somebody bash you for it.....

"I was walking across the rehearsal field and noticed that Jesus' footsteps ended about the thirty five yard line, side 2 on the back hash. When I dropped to my knees and asked "Why, dear lord...." he told me he left me on my own right after I bashed Pioneer for taking full advantage of their freedom of choice......"

Get over yourself.

Pray.

(not necessarily in that order.)

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think of it more as every corps has an equal right to focus on any religious stuff they want. Pioneer just happened to choose contemporary Christianity. That doesn't mean that other corps aren't free to do some other religious aspect. Star 90 focused on Babylonian/Hebrew stuff. Star 91 on the advent of Christianity in Rome. Some shows have had Buddhist references.

Lots of diversity and inclusion out there, IMO.

Plus, it's marching band.

Yeah, I think it was more the amplified church service segment that got to me.

Is the corps a religious or secular organization? Who are they affiliated with?

Does it matter?

Wow, the use of electronics in some of these lower placing corps is just really, really bad. This is exactly what I envisioned when the electronics proposal passed. Though aside from the low-end synth the top corps seem to be figuring it out.

It's no different than high school marching band. When you don't have the numbers or talent levels but are still trying to compete, you often compensate with electronics. However, if you don't have it done right, it can come off sounding bad. It's really that more people need to get their butts off the couch and stop being arm chair directors when they've never even marched, but are marching age and join the ranks of these corps so that they don't need to try and compensate with electronics.

Wow, the use of electronics in some of these lower placing corps is just really, really bad. This is exactly what I envisioned when the electronics proposal passed. Though aside from the low-end synth the top corps seem to be figuring it out.

A lot of this is percussion judge driven. They love all the sounds and synth stuff, while all the brass staffs must be pulling their hair out trying to balance the hornline with an amped up bass voice... Poor contras, poor contras....

Oh gosh.... I'm scratching you off the Christmas list, of course, I mean the Jehovah God Christmas list... not the other Christmas lists... and I'm sending $100 bucks to my new church, the Church of Pioneer... the one where you can still choose decent music and theme and not have somebody bash you for it.....

"I was walking across the rehearsal field and noticed that Jesus' footsteps ended about the thirty five yard line, side 2 on the back hash. When I dropped to my knees and asked "Why, dear lord...." he told me he left me on my own right after I bashed Pioneer for taking full advantage of their freedom of choice......"

Get over yourself.

Pray.

(not necessarily in that order.)

I'm sorry you feel that way about my opinions. Though I would suggest agree with me in how to express those opinions, that is, not at the personal expense of others.