OFFICIAL Atlanta Regional Thread...

I'll being riding MARTA from the Marriot Residence Inn City Center. Got Tix in section 320, just about on the 40. Can't wait, haven't been to a big regional since 1998! :laughing:

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be tweeting the competition from Section 221 -- say hello! -- writing for Drum Corps World, and posting over at Field&Floor. :laughing:

I'll be working the show, doing setup starting at 8am. Not looking forward to getting up early on a Saturday, but it's a worthwhile sacrifice for the greater good :-)

I guess I don't, but PM and I'll give you some great news stories that do. I take light of the situation, to each his own. Personally, I've not had a problem, my friends have. But this thread isn't for MARTA, its for the corps.

Anyone know of the schools corps will be at? I know Milton used to host a competition, maybe one is staying there.

Heard Colts are staying at Peachtree Ridge HS is Suwanee

yes...... this is about the corps and the fans.... but YOU DONT GO AND SCARE PEOPLE THAT ARE FLYING/DRIVING INTO TOWN TO

-STAY AWAY- FROM SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED YOURSELF... (your words) ANYONE AT THE MINNEAPOLIS

SHOW EXPERIENCE ENOUGH MASS HYSTERIA FOR THE YEAR........ YOU DONT NEED TO SCARE PEOPLE AWAY FROM ATLANTA'S

MASS TRANSIT SYSTEM ! PERIOD ! AGAIN-MARTA IS SAFE.. EFFICIENT..INEXPENSIVE..EFFECTIVE AND WILL GET YOU TO THE

STADIUM WITHOUT FIGHTING THE INTERSTATE !!!

Edited by Briggs1

I'm going to attempt to update my Twitter from the show. However, I wouldn't rely on me for tweets regarding all the corps, since I do plan on taking breaks to go see my friends in the lot and watch certain corps warm up (this is the only live show I get to go to all summer, and I really want to see some of my friends that are marching...unfortunately, that means missing out on some corps). I plan on being in the stands for BK and all the following corps, though.

I'm going to attempt to update my Twitter from the show. However, I wouldn't rely on me for tweets regarding all the corps, since I do plan on taking breaks to go see my friends in the lot and watch certain corps warm up (this is the only live show I get to go to all summer, and I really want to see some of my friends that are marching...unfortunately, that means missing out on some corps). I plan on being in the stands for BK and all the following corps, though.

I agree totally. I'm volunteering with Spirit, so I wouldn't have much time to tweet anyways.

And also, this is the only live show I get to attend all year.

If you live in Atlanta and can drive to the stadium I would suggest that. I live in north Atlanta and the time it would take to ride Marta home I could be at home already sleeping. Marta is really slow. Besides I know a free place to park downtown that is safe. There are lots all over the area. IF you park at the DOME it will be expensive. You'll be sitting in traffic after the event. Best advice is to park near CNN Center, take that in, get a affordable bite to eat. Chick fil a my favorite and goto the show. The lines might be long but they move fast.

I'll be on in 321, row 1. I think the best seats in the house, besides sitting in the press box. Those have the best listening experience from my BOA Regional Days.

Luke

I'll be tweeting the competition from Section 221 -- say hello! -- writing for Drum Corps World, and posting over at Field&Floor. :tongue:

I'll yell from Section 222 row 15!

Looking forward to this show as it looks like we are starting to see some movement.

I'll be in 221 row 12!

Anyway, Madison's warmup time is from 6:30 - 7:30 in case anyone wants to join me in the lot!

Is there any point of me tweeting from the show? Want some lot shots of whoever I go to visit?

Edited by cmathis