Carolina Crown getting a little sloppy...

Yeah, you clearly don't know a whole lot about how Cavies carry themselves off the field.

Cadets and SCV (and maybe, to a certain extent, Boston) are the only corps that really take themselves that seriously anymore. Good for them, I guess. Must be boring for the members.

Oh, and no where did I say they had to be all serious and uptight. You want to go hard core, that's your choice. You want to give a laid back vibe, that rocks as well. But when half the corp is marching and the other half is dancing, it just looks sloppy. Pick one and max it out! And for the record, the Madonna chart was awesome!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...let me clear my throat one more time.

These corps DON'T care what you think!!! Do we hold tradition at heart? Yes.

In fact, we hold it to heart SO much we can remember this is an ACTIVITY its to be ENJOYED and if this is how these kids wanna throw down then awesome.

Get off their nuts and let them enjoy it, save the negative bullcrap for when you're playing canasta boring each other with stories of "..back when I"

Again, the GOLDEN RULE: If you don't have anything nice to say (or positive)...the SHUT THE F#*& UP!!!!!!!!!!

What I can't find forgiveness for is the behavior of the guard which seemed entirely random and as such disrespectful toward the crowd and more. I perhaps can accept the musicians were performing in an alternate style. Not my taste, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Can't find any rationalization that would grant the guard any leave, however. If they didn't have a routine, someone in authority should have just pulled them off the line.

HH

For the record... Crown isn't the first guard to do that. There are A LOT of groups that do not spend rehearsal time creating a guard routine for the parade. No joke, I can't blame them.

On a slightly sepparate matter:

What I find interesting is that we have an activity that is so niche in a way that the mainstream can't enjoy it. Here is a group that is doing a great job making "band" (to them, that's what it is) look fun. It sounded good and I see NOTHING wrong with the front couple rows and drum majors trying to get the crowd to clap to MADONNA... seriously, its pop music... should the drum majors be saluting??? That would look out of place and rediculous!

Additionally I would like to add that they probably really enjoyed that performance... something most drum corps members dread. Just saying...

In fact, we hold it to heart SO much we can remember this is an ACTIVITY its to be ENJOYED and if this is how these kids wanna throw down then awesome.

Get off their nuts and let them enjoy it, save the negative bullcrap for when you're playing canasta boring each other with stories of "..back when I"

Again, the GOLDEN RULE: If you don't have anything nice to say (or positive)...the SHUT THE F#*& UP!!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the millennial generation. it's all about ME ME ME representin' and doing whatever i wanna, however i wanna.

mediocrity is the new drug.

LOL....

Its the 4th of july...they are just having fun.

If I were one of them, thats how I would want to march a parade.

If I were in the crowd, I would rather have that than a strict no emotions group go by.

welcome to the millennial generation. it's all about ME ME ME representin' and doing whatever i wanna, however i wanna.

mediocrity is the new drug.

...well when it's OUR ###es our there marching in 112 degree weather, you're darn skippy it's about "WE" not ME b/c believe it or not we're still a family.

And I'm sorry but I HIGHLY doubt mediocrity is EVEN a part of corps' language these days.

Hate to say it but we've come quite a long ways from....well VFW :) no disrespect but this is how WE do it now, respect it or....

GOLDEN RULE: (it never gets old) If you don't have anything nice to say (or positive) then...SHUT THE F*#@ UP!!!!!!!!

Edited by TexasCorpsFan

...well when it's OUR ###es our there marching in 112 degree weather, you're darn skippy it's about "WE" not ME b/c believe it or not we're still a family.

And I'm sorry but I HIGHLY doubt mediocrity is EVEN a part of corps' language these days.

Hate to say it but we've come quite a long ways from....well VFW :) no disrespect but this is how WE do it now, respect it or....

GOLDEN RULE: (it never gets old) If you don't have nice to say (or positive) then...SHUT THE F*#@ UP!!!!!!!!

then don't march parades if it's too hard or too hot to march. oh wait, they didn't.

HAHA Nope THEY didn't and I love that they DIDN'T because they're the SH*@ like that :)

....as for this craptastic post, I've had about enough fun debating for one night.

CAROLINA CROWN KEEP BEING CLASSY!

'...in my mind I'm going to Carolina!'

Edited by TexasCorpsFan