Carolina Crown getting a little sloppy...

Yeah, you clearly don't know a whole lot about how Cavies carry themselves off the field.

Cadets and SCV (and maybe, to a certain extent, Boston) are the only corps that really take themselves that seriously anymore. Good for them, I guess. Must be boring for the members.

I have been sticking up for Crown in this thread... but most of us really like looking like badasses all the time in uniform. Not boring. Then again, we didn't march parades on the 4th. It was a free day! :thumbdown:

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you bashing Crown for being entertaining are the ones destined to kill Drum Corps. It's Crown that is winning fans over and selling more t-shirts. It's also the reason they happened to win the best corps in the Wakefield parade. If you would have been at the parades and seen the reaction for Crown verses the other corps you would see that Crown is the one's winning over the fans. Who cares if they don't stay in straight lines and put their nose in the air and march past everyone. They reach to the crowd. I watched every corps at the Wakefield parade and no one was entertaining except Crown.

Again, let me cover a couple of points:

1) Don't care if they are marching, walking, dancing, whatever. Don't care what they play (I even said I dig the tune and the laid back vibe), but to do it at the expense of quality (and looking down right unprofessional and sloppy) is inexcusable, especially coming from a corps that is playing for a championship this season.

2) No one here is trying to kill drum corps, we leave that to the people that run the activity

3) No one is bashing Crown. That said, they are being criticized for a very sloppy performance.

4) This is a drum corps forum. the "Happy Happy, Joy Joy" forum is two doors down.

Yeah, you clearly don't know a whole lot about how Cavies carry themselves off the field.

Cadets and SCV (and maybe, to a certain extent, Boston) are the only corps that really take themselves that seriously anymore. Good for them, I guess. Must be boring for the members.

add Glassmen and blue stars ive never seen them do anything.

...let me clear my throat one more time.

These corps DON'T care what you think!!! Do we hold tradition at heart? Yes.

In fact, we hold it to heart SO much we can remember this is an ACTIVITY its to be ENJOYED and if this is how these kids wanna throw down then awesome.

Get off their nuts and let them enjoy it, save the negative bullcrap for when you're playing canasta boring each other with stories of "..back when I"

Again, the GOLDEN RULE: If you don't have anything nice to say (or positive)...the SHUT THE F#*& UP!!!!!!!!!!

your posts arent nice or positive so i believe that you should " SHUT THE F#*& UP!!!!!!!!!!" according to your rule.

all this is is a bunch of honkers say thing their corps can do what they want because its entertaining. you want to know what entertains me straight lines, marching in time, and class.

Edited by BigPapiBass5

I guess things are much different today.

I feel if you want to be a champion, and remove any doubt, from when you step off the bus until when you step back on you carry yourself as if you are being judged because as evidenced by this video you are.

I have to admit I am a little disappointed by one of my favorite current corps.

Yo Brent my sentiments Exactly, drum corps has died it is now official...so for all of you guys...I think this is much more fun and appropriate...and this is the example drum corps should now take...

I Love my game day football season...but once again...Drum Corps AIN'T, NEVER WAS and never ever ever ever should be marching band.

Crown just went Pabst Blue Ribbon on us for parades...Drum Corps is now Nascar...to that I crack open a budweiser and salute you...

As far as them winning the Wakefield thing...duh, they could have picked their noses probably won as long as they played the way they did...and recruiting fans...ummm I guess it all depends on what kind of fans you are looking for...that's actually what they should have done...T Shirts...Shorts like the guard and passed out PBR to the members...now that would have been entertaining.

Edited by Eric M. Buckman

I was just posting that fact, I'm not trying to start an argument with you Big, or anyone here, I have already posted my opinion a couple pages back.

can we just forget something that happened 3 to 4 days ago, yeah it was sloppy, but its over and everything is back to normal...there could be millions of reasons of why it was so sloppy (Tired, they were at the end, they were allowed to play like that.. ETC.)

can we just forget something that happened 3 to 4 days ago, yeah it was sloppy, but its over and everything is back to normal...there could be millions of reasons of why it was so sloppy (Tired, they were at the end, they were allowed to play like that.. ETC.)

No, we can't. I know that sounds harsh, but this is drum corps, and as an alum I'll be ###### if I ever say its ok to hold any corps to anything less than a high standard. They shouldn't let themselves do that either. Being tired, hot, marching three parades in a day is not an excuse. Most of us here that have marched before have all done the same thing, some in worse conditions with hotter and heavier uni's. That excuse don't play.

Then, At this point I guess I don't really have an opinion because I have never marched, and I only just a fan right...

I have a feeling I am getting out-numbered in this topic, *starts to search for his white flag quickly*