Before the season began, did you think Blue Knights had a shot at beat

Blue Knights Beating Santa Clara Vanguard?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Before the season began, did you think that Blue Knights would beat Vanguard during this season?

• Yes
    • No

They have NEVER beat them in their entire history. Last night was a milestone for the Blue Knights organization even if it doesn't happen again this season...

I agree. Congrats BK. It was a long time coming. However, never count SCV out!

Ladies and gentlmen, we've got ourselves a horse race! As a fan of the activity, I'm just lovin' it.

P.S. I know what it's like to get that one shot in. Back in 77 the Cavaliers had a very rough season. We actually managed to beat the Blue Stars once at VFW Prelims a week after DCI. That, to me, was a real milestone. Next to a great DCI Prelim performance, that was the season highlight!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly!! The question stated specifically did you think they could beat SCV during the season...not at finals per se.

They have NEVER beat them in their entire history. Last night was a milestone for the Blue Knights organization even if it doesn't happen again this season...and no 'hype killer' can take that away from them.

Agreed, congratulations on that milestone BK.

However.... note all that it was another one of those famous smaller judging panels. You know like the one that in 2008 had SCV over PR at a show about the same time of year as this show.

Agreed, congratulations on that milestone BK.

However.... note all that it was another one of those famous smaller judging panels. You know like the one that in 2008 had SCV over PR at a show about the same time of year as this show.

Yes, however it is a huge deal that in the one full Caption- GE they beat SCV by half a point. That is significant. When performance vis, guard and Brass get added in it may change things, but I think BK is the better corps right now. Would not be surprised to see BK ahead in brass and guard this year, they are stellar!

WP

Edited by wesleyrp

I thought that they would be better, but had no clue they would get to where they are at the moment..........it will be interesting to see just how good they can get by Indy, and hopefully they will get every point that they earn.

GB

Coats beating cavies, BK being 3 points from BD... Crown beating everyone head to head, life doesnt make sense anymore.

This might have been my favorite post of the night, hands down! :thumbdown:

Hate to disagree with you here but I must. Would it be a bigger acheivement if they went on to beat them in finals later on in the summer? Absolutely and we all know that the one that truly counts is August 14th. However, it is a HUGE acheivement because this is the first time in corps history that they've ever beaten SCV. This only the third corps that BK has beaten that has won a DCI title in the last 25 years. Phantom in '98 and Madison in '99 were the others. The is absoluetly a big deal. My congrats to all current BK members- you deifne the word perserverence and the never say die attitude. I am an extremely proud alum and teacher who knows that my students in the past and present are getting the experience of a lifetime!! I GO ON..... Keep it up!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Amen, Wes. Craig's on visual again this year and Stacia, my daughter & Craig's little sister, will go on tour next year. She tried out and made it this year but after putting a boy through Drum Corps I had a few reservations about putting my daughter out there just yet. LOL--you know, been there, done that!

Wes,

It does feel good to see your corps hit these milestones. When Bluecoats beat BD in 2007 that capped the beat everyone at least once for us, and now after last year only Cavaliers and BD stand as the only corps Bluecoats haven't beaten at finals. So enjoy your corps victory over a storied program like SCV I know I did in 2005 when Bluecoats finally topped them for the first time.

Personally I never got to beat Spirit, Madison, Cadets, SCV, or BD, but my corps has since gone on to beat all of them at least once.

Blue Knights have a very fine corps! Santa Clara Vanguard has a lot of "TRADITION".

I am a SCV Alumni - so i have to say - I want to see SCV Win every year, however Bartok?

Congrats Blue Knights!

"Lock the door, and throw away the key"