Pittsburgh Party House

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that the cavies score was going to drop a little yesterday because all captions were being judged. I also had a feeling that they were going to catch right back up... sure enough they did. But most of all Phantom Boston and most of all (in my opinion since I am really looking forward to seeing this show) Madison Scouts are getting way better! :smile: Makes me feel like i'm going to get my moneys worth when they are in Houston.

Close!

lol :tongue:

Looks like the Scouts DID close the gap above them! I'll take less than 3 from Boston and less than 4 from Phantom! That's still without spats, GE additions and potential rewrites. Color me a happy guy! :smile:

I'd come back home and my bags would be on the steps and she'd make a bonfire out of my drum corps shirts.

Well seeing as how I HATED my ex girlfriend, I'd pack my own bags. :smile:

It will be interesting to see the recaps.

In the '67 AL Nationals, Boston won the Prelims by 1.7 points. Cavaliers were in 4th, 2.8 points back. 24 hours later, the Cavaliers jumped from 4th to 1st to win the Title by 4 tenths over Boston..... Boston bounced back a week later to win the CYO Nationals by winning that and beating the Cavaliers by over 3 points ( and Blessed Sac, Cadets, etc ). You're right, that the Boston Crusaders had an incredible Corps in the 60's, and really set their sights on both the Cavaliers and Blessed Sacrament as both these Corps had great Corps throughout the 60's.

Congrats to the Cavaliers tonite on their win, by the way.

Edited by BRASSO

In the '67 AL Nationals, Boston won the Prelims by 1.7 points. Cavaliers were in 4th, 2.8 points back. 24 hours later, the Cavaliers jumped from 4th to 1st to win the Title by 4 tenths over Boston.....

but didn't the corps just do a 5 minute version of their show for prelims? And wasn't it common for scores and placements to change quite a bit from prelims to finals? I don't think these kinds of jumps were that unusual back then.

but didn't the corps just do a 5 minute version of their show for prelims? And wasn't it common for scores and placements to change quite a bit from prelims to finals? I don't think these kinds of jumps were that unusual back then.

There were swings of scores and placements even when the full routines were done. I'm not sure if in the 67 Prelims there was a shortened show. I do know that when it was done it was done where Corps would not do a concert portion of their show ( usually found in the middle of a Corps judged performance, and mostly played in place ). The prelims were never as short as 5 minutes though, vferrera. Maybe 2-4 minutes would be cut off the 11-13 minute routine, when it was done at Prelims.

Edited by BRASSO