URGENT PRAYERS NEEDED FOR MATT CARROLL

With the mods permission, (thanks, Krista!), I am reposting this in the WC forums. The original thread in the OT forum can be found here: http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=137690

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Los Hooligans brother, Matt Carroll, who marched 1993-94 SCV Cadets, 1995-97 SCV (mello), former instructor for Fever and current member of Los Hooligans, is in the hospital and in dire need of all your support!

Tuesday morning (July 6) he woke up early very sick (severe nausea, headaches etc.). He was taken to emergency in Modesto, CA where they discovered he had had a brain hemorrhage. He is currently in an induced coma and from what I have heard, the news isn’t good. They will be performing a scan later this morning and he needs all the support he can get.

To make matters worse, he just got married 18 days ago!

PLEASE keep both he and his new wife, Laura, in your prayers!

Thank You!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the latest update from the family via Facebook:

For those of you that didn't get an initial update, Matt suffered a brain hemorrhage around 4am yesterday, (7/06/10). He went into the the ER at that time and has been in the hospital's care since then. After testing, he was admitted into ICU 2:30ish pm. He is still there, and we are waiting for the bleeding to stop and that hopefully it will begin to heal itself. As of this morning: Matt has had a CT scan. There is no change, which is good, because that means the bleeding is not increasing, and there is no digression in his condition. Also, while changing a throat tube Matt's gag reflexes must have kicked in because he reached up for the tube... This is also great news that gives us hope of brain activity. Our Matt is fighting! This afternoon the neurosurgeon will have an update for the family, and if there is change, we will do another update. Matt has been sedated since procedures began, and will remain sedated. However, Laura and family are able to talk to him and pass on how amazing your love and support has been, so keep it up! Keep your thoughts, love, prayer, and energy coming... He can feel it! Thank you!! -Shavon
Edited by skajerk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for doing this Randy!

Here's a website with more info, and they'll be giving updates on his condition:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/MattCarroll

Considering that Bret Michaels seems to have gone through the same crisis and come out smokin' (my wife and I saw him here in Chicago opening for Lynyrd Skynyrd), I'm quite confident ANYONE who has taken the field in competition can not only do the same, but exceed that achievement!!!!

Thanks for doing this Randy!

Here's a website with more info, and they'll be giving updates on his condition:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/MattCarroll

Thanks for posting the link!

The latest from the family:

Update, Meeting with the Neurosurgeon:

About 1pm on 7/8/10, the neurosurgeon checked Matt's reflexes, and the results were positive. (This is strictly motor skills testing).

It is still too early to determine any outcomes of Matt's condition. This is still a "watch and see" situation.

The Doctor also said, this is not the worst hemorrhage he has ever seen, and every case is different, and Matt is not without hope. :)

He also said that Matt's age is a benefitting factor towards recovery. Matt is still heavily sedated, and we are still waiting for the following:

- The brain drainage amount to decrease

- The brain pressure to decrease

- For Matt's hypertension/blood pressure to stabilize.

Here are some additional specifics that you can pray for:

-The hemorrhage/bleeding to stop

- That the risk of infection doesn't become an issue. (HE CURRENTLY HAS NO INFECTION).

- For peace and well-being (shalom) for Noah his son, Laura his wife, Matt's family, and all of his loved ones.

Thanks everyone!!

Edited by skajerk

prayers

The latest:

Hello Matt Supporters!

We don't really have much change to report on Matt at the moment, we are still in the same stages as last reported to you. We are still in the "wait and see" mode, and still loving all the support you are sending, we know Matt can feel it.

Matt's nurses are wonderful, and have been angels! They have only Matt's best interest in mind, and have shortened his visiting hours so that Matt can rest and continue to heal as well as possible. For those interested in visiting Matt, the hours daily are currently: 11am-6:15pm and 8pm-9pm. If you have visiting questions, you can email me, my address is on the right side of the page. I will do my best to get back to you.

Something you can do to help, is email me a photo of you and Matt so that I can put them in the photo section of this page.

Again, thank you for all the prayers, love and support, words cannot express how much they are appreciated!

I have a job interview tomorrow (Friday) at noon in Delhi. I'll be stopping at the hospital on my way back. For any of Matt's other friends and family that may be reading this, he is in my prayers and I'll see you tomorrow.

adding my prayers and healing thoughts!