BD organization in jeopardy

Cities turn down applications from private industries all the time based on criteria that are much more complex than "is it legal?" Try to open a strip club or a bar right next to a grade school lately? :smile:

if you could put one of these near a high school and get a bouncer who is a little lax on the ID checking, I think you are onto a big business opportunity here.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...then I would suggest you give them Dave's number...

I'm guessing he sees most of them 2-3 times per week.

So let's not worry about some Virginia Millionaire and have a little more compassion for the home town guys who incidentally have already suffered due to California's (Arnold's) propensity to give the Indians anything they ask for (or more correctly anything they're willing to pay for) which has already - along with no smoking laws - severely hurt the charitable games.

many people are finding it hard to support an organization that is attempting to throw many others under the bus.

It is not good PR.

I'm guessing he sees most of them 2-3 times per week.

Then again, they are not the "local charities" people are whining about.

Grow up.

you are so quick to jump in on many threads, yet refused to share any thoughts in the 6000 posts on the G7, which is obviously the driving force behind the unhappiness with BD.

It's a little thing I call "appropriateness."

Perhaps you do not want to voice your opinion because you are hoping that you can write the liner notes for the G7 only DVD in 2011?

Please don't let my secret out. There's a sno-cone at Allentown riding on your cooperation.

yea... "someone should tell the council you posted your views on a public forum... that will show them!!!"

It would help bring clarification to your argument as to where you're coming from. (Yes, the PR person ended a sentence with a preposition. So sue me.) :smile:

If you run a business that depends on one source of funding, you need to diversify. As I said, BD already makes more money on souvies than almost every other corps (if not all of them).

"It became necessary to destroy the village in order to save it."

many people are finding it hard to support an organization that is attempting to throw many others under the bus.

It is not good PR.

Linkage much?

And how is sending profits to a professional bingo operator from Virginia keeping money in the local economy?

Granted, someone not from Virginia will have to clean the toilets, but still...

money from the customers is invested as well, not just the owner. The owner is planning to but a functional business in a building that has been empty for three years. That is not a bad thing.

Here is the big point, which you obviously missed while reading my response. BD WILL BE FINE WITH NO BINGO... JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER DRUM CORPS...

If you are capable of a basic internet search, you will find that many corps still run bingo programs as a part of their fundraising...