July 22nd-24th...Texas shows

These Texas shows seem a bit confusing to me. On the 22nd there are shows in Dallas and Houston, and also on the 23rd there are shows in Dallas and Houston...but then on the 24th, only a handful of corps will be in San Antonio for the DCI Southwestern, then the following night the remaining corps will be in San Antonio again. So which night is considered the regional?

And...how do scores get counted, and do the Dallas and Houston shows affect the lineups/scores for the San Antonio show?

Same thing for Murfreesboro the next week. There isn't a lineup available, so do the Texas shows determine that lineup? I know Murfreesboro isn't considered the regional event, but why would they bring all the corps together there, and then the next night in Atlanta do the same thing...considering ATL is the actual regional?

For the first time in more than 10 years, the always-exciting DCI Southwestern Championship will be hosted outside of the Alamodome due to an unanticipated scheduling conflict with the facility. Taking place at the Judson Independent School District’s D.W. Rutledge Stadium, the event will be split over two days of competition on Saturday, July 24 and Sunday, July 25, featuring 24 corps performances including 22 of 23 World Class corps.

Dallas and Houston is the same as last year. They split the corps into 2 groups, half perform at Dallas the first night, the other half at Houston. The next day, they switch.

San Antonio is being split into 2 days this year instead of just one day. It is still the regional as its the Southwestern Championship. For most regionals, the scores from the past week are what determines the performance order. I would expect that would be how the order is determined.

Murfreesboro is always the top 8 corps so far in the season. I believe the San Antonio scores determine that lineup but Dallas and Houston may also be used as well.

Atlanta is the only event outside of championships week where all corps will perform in one day at the same event.

Edited by wilme861

Dallas and Houston is the same as last year. They split the corps into 2 groups, half perform at Dallas the first night, the other half at Houston. The next day, they switch.

San Antonio is being split into 2 days this year instead of just one day. It is still the regional as its the Southwestern Championship. For most regionals, the scores from the past week are what determines the performance order. I would expect that would be how the order is determined.

I'm just glad all of the Texas shows are outdoors this year! :smile:

I'm just glad all of the Texas shows are outdoors this year! :tongue:

Me too, but not so excited for how much it costs to go to two nights of shows in San Antonio... :smile: But then again, I got crazy good seats this year. 50 yrd line 29th row. And the stadium is gonna rock for Drum Corps. Good stuff!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

I would like to say that in my opinion their is no Southwestern championship this year. Two SA shows? eh... ok but im happy that their are two Houston shows! I know someone marching with Bluecoats and someone that is about to attend my college from The Cavaliers. I am really looking forward to it! And if ya'll want I can write reviews of the shows.

all of us Houston show DCP peeps should have a meet up! :)

I'll be in Houston on Thursday, Dallas on Friday and SA on Saturday. Whirlwind tour of Texas shows!