Congratulations to the Blue guys

Well, actually... I was thinking the same thing.

Some people are making it sound like the Bluecoats just came out of nowhere and started beating top notch corps. Hello! They've been doing that for a few years now, folks. Just because they've been ending up in the middle of the pack that past few years doesn't mean they haven't been putting up a fight. Bluecoats are just as "iconic" as Crown is.

I've been a HUGE 'Coats fan for a while now so it came as NO surprise to me that they beat Crown, but to put it in the same context as BK beating SCV? I'm just not buyin' it.

I agree that the Bluecoats are new to the upper-echelon but since their ultra-successful 2006 season...the corps has been hovering in the 6th-7th place come finals. For a while I was worried that they were going to become another Glassmen (as in, they would fall back to the lower half of finalist corps).

So for them to beat a corps that placed 2nd last year (that is, the first "new" corps to medal since 1990) and has the potential to medal again is quite a feat.

Wow! This thread is ridiculous! A guy comes on here and congratulates two fantastic wins for two separate corps (neither of which he has any affiliation with from what I can see) and he gets criticised!

I concur with you TrainWreck - well done Bloo and BK! It IS an achievement for both corps (IMO).

I agree that the Bluecoats are new to the upper-echelon but since their ultra-successful 2006 season...the corps has been hovering in the 6th-7th place come finals. For a while I was worried that they were going to become another Glassmen (as in, they would fall back to the lower half of finalist corps).

So for them to beat a corps that placed 2nd last year (that is, the first "new" corps to medal since 1990) and has the potential to medal again is quite a feat.

And Bluecoats HAVE a solid chance of medaling this year...which they HAVENT done before. Way cool.

Congrats to great seasons so far for both Blue Teams (well all Blue teams). Everyone's been rootin' for Crown to beat everyone (with their 2nd chance themed show) and Bluecoats came in this season without any high expectations from anyone and is kickin' butt. Yes!!! Can't wait till all the corps compete for the first time. Very exciting and interesting season.

I figured it would've been 3 pages before the confrontations. [sigh ]. You guys are ridiculous. Sorry for posting accolades.

Let me be more explicit than since read comprehension is not a pre-requisite here.

Congratulations to the Bluecoats for topping the Carolina Crown, one of the corps to beat in 2010.

Enjoy your moment.

LOL! I get it, as the ability to grasp the obvious has always been one of my strengths.

I'm sure your recognition of the specialness of the moment of two deserving corps is appreciated by those corps, especially considering your affiliation with one of the great organizations in DCI.

That is classy all the way around.

Edited by wvu80

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Crown has beaten Bluecoats at finals (and throughout season, with the exception of '07) for the past three years. Are you saying beating a corps that barely missed out on a gold medal last year is not a big deal for what was a sixth-placed corps? I know you're a homer, but take a compliment when it's given to you.

Ummmm, BARELY???

Wow! This thread is ridiculous! A guy comes on here and congratulates two fantastic wins for two separate corps (neither of which he has any affiliation with from what I can see) and he gets criticised!

I concur with you TrainWreck - well done Bloo and BK! It IS an achievement for both corps (IMO).

Oh please! No other opinions are allowed? Let me clarify, then. It seems to me that some were/are underestimating Bluecoats. I wasn't! I was very happy to see them win last night and why I said that "I wasn't surprised" that they won. That's also why I... repeat I, don't put that win in the same category as BK's win over SCV. Just MY OPINION. Bluecoats are 3-0 against Cavies this year. Where are the accolades for that feat? I am also happy with the success that Crown has had and will continue to have this season as well as BK.

Edited by skajerk

Yes, it's a huge deal- it really is and I don't think anybody is denying that---- I'm super duper pumped as a FMM-- I really am--

No, it's not an "organizational milestone" because it's happened more than it hasn't happened in the last 10 years-- (that's pretty reasonable logic, isn't it?)

I'd say Crown has been the one making the organizational milestones the past 3 years

Now Bluecoats taking a top 3 placement at finals- then we can talk milestones! :-)