Will there be an undefeated corps left after this weekend?

Either way, it's Gibbs & Hop fightin' for the top! There's a wonderful symetry to that! :tongue:

BD/Cadets and Gibbs/Hop go back quite far! They're staples of the upper tiers of DCI. Oddly, though, BD/Cadets have only wound up 1 & 2 at finals a few times, and BD was on top all but one time:

They've been side-by-side other times, with BD having a slight edge:

1991 (BD on top at 5th)

1995 (Cadets 2nd)

1996 (BD/Phantom 1st)

2000 (Cadets/Cavies on top 1st)

2001 (Tie!!! 2nd)

2002 (BD 2nd)

Edited by chris ncsu

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BD/Cadets and Gibbs/Hop go back quite far! They're staples of the upper tiers of DCI. Oddly, though, BD/Cadets have only wound up 1 & 2 at finals a few times, and BD was on top each time:

They've been side-by-side other times, with BD having a slight edge:

1991 (BD on top at 5th)

1995 (Cadets 2nd)

1996 (BD/Phantom 1st)

2000 (Cadets/Cavies on top 1st)

2001 (Tie!!! 2nd)

2002 (BD 2nd)

Sure about relative placements in 1984?

Will the CADETS do in the west what BLUECOATS did in the east? Will BD's come out of this weekend still not losing a show

since Aug 2008? Are they really that much better than everyone else? Can a CADETS rookie corps do it? Interesting weekend,

so let's hear it DCP? Does the underdog do it, will it be close or a slamdunk by BD?

I don't really think calling them a rookie corps makes them any better or worse. BD has less than 20 ageouts in the hornline and are fielding one of their youngest corps in years, so maybe we should say BD rookie corps versus CADETS rookie corps.

I personally think BD loses a few times this season, but with the competitive edge drives them to number 14 the last two weeks. Very few groups and staffs know how to finish the season strong like BD..

Its going to be a fun season and a tight top 5 this year for sure! :tongue:

Edited by trumpetcam

OK 2000C, here's the deal: For every win cadets have over the Dev's, I'll do 10 push ups in the lobby of los at finals! Ready to take the same bet? Hell, and I don't even do PT tests anymore...like someone I know!

i hope you're in good shape! :tongue::tongue:

If I'm not mistaken (and I apologize in advance if I am), I believe the last time the Cadets beat the Blue Devils was August 5, 2007.

Anybody know how many shows that is in a row? like 20 or 30 head-to-heads over that time frame?

Something tells me, that the Blue Devils will prevail tonight. Especially considering that they have their strongest show in three years

(in MY opinion).

If Holy Name can pull it off, then more power to them. But I think not.

Cali.

Tonights gonna be a good good night! I gotta feelin......Go Cadets!

Either way, it's Gibbs & Hop fightin' for the top! There's a wonderful symetry to that! :tongue:

Gotta Love it! :tongue: