The Minneapolis Mash-Up

Does anyone know how many tickets were sold for this event? Did it make a profit?

Hey guys, I'll admit I didn't read all 94 pages, so sorry if this was answered. For the corps that did perform, were there scores?

Hey guys, I'll admit I didn't read all 94 pages, so sorry if this was answered. For the corps that did perform, were there scores?

I believe dci.org had scores up for open class and all age but none of the WC corps scores were listed, which I don't understand, would've liked to compare scores for Scouts, Glassmen, and BK.

I believe dci.org had scores up for open class and all age but none of the WC corps scores were listed, which I don't understand, would've liked to compare scores for Scouts, Glassmen, and BK.

FWIW, DCI never posts scores for incomplete competitions. Open Class and All Ages WERE completed that day, hence their scores were posted.

Also, don't waste time in the main show with performances by Governaires (10 horns!) - let them host and perform in early show. And let Minnesota Brass (local Sr. Corp) perform finale in front of big crowd while final scores are being tallied and fixed

Would you still be complaining about seeing MBI just before the 51 minute intermission if there were no rain delays? Remember, both Governaires and MBI came on after we finally got to watch drum corps perform again....and again...and by the time they did come on, there was no intermission due to trying to catch up from those delays.

The encore performance was to be done by the System Blue High School kids who spent the day on Friday with SCV and BD. Would have been a lot more entertaining and interesting to see how much these kids worked hard.

For the first DCI Minnesota event, it was perfect. Stadium was awesome, and I believe that everyone was able to sit comfortably in their own seats instead of guessing where your seat was. I can't wait for another event here.

Does anyone know how many tickets were sold for this event? Did it make a profit?

As noted in the DCI Review of the event, over 7,000 tickets were sold prior to Saturday. This is a very strong pre-sale number. It's a also a great vote of confidence in Minneapolis generally and TCF Bank Stadium specifically for major drum corps events!

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=8...e6-b6b8a1c714d7

It sucked that there was no contingency plan for standstill performances or something given the huge field house close by, but with that many corps maybe too much to coordinate?

With that said PLEASE do this show again next and EVERY year. This may be the best drum corps stadium I've been in in 30 years, the corps that did perform sounded amazing in it. As long as this show is 2 hrs from home I will gladly put up with the threat of weather, and will not attend another dome show as long as DCI holds this one.

Dan Potter interviewed the U of M planning/conventions lady in charge of the stadium. She did say that DCI Minnesota would be back in 2011 - the week before the U2 concert. That would put DCI Minnesota on Saturday, July 16, 2011.

As noted in the DCI Review of the event, over 7,000 tickets were sold prior to Saturday. This is a very strong pre-sale number. It's a also a great vote of confidence in Minneapolis generally and TCF Bank Stadium specifically for major drum corps events!

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=8...e6-b6b8a1c714d7

I also heard that walk-up ticket sales were VERY good.

Stadium is awsome and having seats and not bleachers was great. Now they just have to figure out how to make the fans/cooling system quite. That scorboard is the third-largest outdoor scoreboard and man was it noisy!

FWIW, DCI never posts scores for incomplete competitions. Open Class and All Ages WERE completed that day, hence their scores were posted.

Is that so judges can adjust scores based on what later corps get? :worthy::thumbup: I kid I kid

Anybody know how many seats are on the "concert side"? Is Minneapolis a viable Finals option for 2013?