Why Blue Devils Win

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you would have no way of knowing whether or not the BD organization and staff emphasizes " performance " over " education "... " self discovery "..... " camaraderie ". So frankly, unless A or B are correct, then we can dismiss this comment out of hand as a ridiculous claim as to how the BD organization operates and prepares their marchers for competition.

Our corps did a lot of touring together bitd. They play hardball. And that's not a bad thing, imo.

Our corps did a lot of touring together bitd. They play hardball. And that's not a bad thing, imo.

When was "bitd"? My years are listed below. I have been around the corps ever since (somethimes more of a distance than I'd like). My father was an annual volunteer with them until they stopped running their own busses in the 90's (he continued as a volunteer with SCV after that).

I claim a lot more knowledge of BD and how they "play" than you, and I say you know nothing about how the Blue Devils teach or develop their performers. Care to dispute this?

Edited by tja273

When was "bitd"? My years are listed below. I have been around the corps ever since (somethimes more of a distance than I'd like). My father was an annual volunteer with them until they stopped running their own busses in the 90's (he continued as a volunteer with SCV after that).

I claim a lot more knowledge of BD and how they "play" than you, and I say you know nothing about how the Blue Devils teach or develop their performers. Care to dispute this?

78-83. No I don't care to argue. I know what I know and you won't convince me otherwise. I have some fairly indelible memories from those days.

But don't take it the wrong way, all I'm really saying is that I think they have higher performance standards than most corps. Would you dispute that?

78-83. No I don't care to argue. I know what I know and you won't convince me otherwise. I have some fairly indelible memories from those days.

But don't take it the wrong way, all I'm really saying is that I think they have higher performance standards than most corps. Would you dispute that?

No, I would not dispute that statement...but that is not what you said. Re-read your original post.

I also would not make such statements about a corps you occasionally saw on tour more than 27 years ago, unless you have more recent data and experiences to back this up.

I've been in Corps that " toured " with another Corps together as well in the past.

Does this mean I know how the management of that Corps ran things, and what they emphasized as priorities over other things ?

Not in your life.

And I wouldn't presume to know.... nor try and tell others how the management in that Corps ran things. That would be ridiculous.

Edited by BRASSO

Well, since you guys are looking for an argument...

Are you going to deny that BD cut 2 sops at the beginning of second tour in 83?

Are you going to deny that BD sent other members to recruit lead sops from Madison to fill those holes?

Just try.

That's what I mean by hardball.

Get on the Fan network and watch the designers track from last season. Also works with any winning season they have on the DVD's.

I've seen the Fan Network video, and I have the DVDs and I've watched them repeatedly (up to the point where they stopped including commentary with the DVDs.) They don't mention anything that other corps mention during their videos. I guess I was looking for a specific example of the subtlety people were talking about from this year.

Thanks anyway, though.

Edited by jaylogan